Razer Ornata Keyboard Mecha Membrane keys

Fondled one at Target last week. Felt weird...loud tactile click combined with the the spongy break of a membrane before it bottoms out. Wasn't a fan

LOL nice kinda like the Razer Deathstalker
which I knew wasn't going to do much as soon as the keys started actually falling out of the keyboards and claim it was a gaming keyboard still....

I wonder if they did this just to cut costs

Last edited:
Returned Logitech G213, Magicforce 68 (Gateron Red), moved Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid w/ MX Blues to living room duty, and I am keeping this keyboard as my main. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but they nailed it for me.

They have these at Walmart now they are lower profile keys not as low as I would like them Microsoft 600 was my go-to keyboard for playing Duke Nukem forever. it's a light clicky key and it bottoms out with the membrane. It actually feels better than a Regular Razer Keyboard whatever they are called now.

The wrist rest kinda sucks with this thing it's made of plastic with a magnet on it. The top of it's fake vinyl or plastic with a thin piece of foam between the plastic and the fake vinyl. I'm just going to use it for gaming because not really a fan of typing on it. I might have to place the keyboard farther away from me.

Just got back from Office Max looking at a wrist rest alternative but they were all too thick.

Last edited:
I found a workaround for the wrist rest for these keyboards I just put some Talc powder on them and it's alot nicer wiped off the excess powder the rest isn't as grippy when it comes out of the box now and is more useable.

I didn't hang into my Ornatas I gave them away for two reasons the static green color and the wrist rest sucked. Gave them to my brother's kids.

Fast Forward to 2023 they have a tenkeyless RGB version with a plastic wrist rest. The original wrist rest sucked. So tomorrow I have two in the mail I'm pretty sure I'll like they are version 3 Just like low profile keys but few companies make good ones Corsair makes them but no wrist rest. Plus these claim to be waterproof or in my case coffee and magnesium drink proof.

IMG_20230830_104832357.jpg

It's not bad a vast improvement over the original.
With lower profile keys you need less elevation to strike the keys so have it on the 2nd riser.

Back