RARE 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 AGP Graphics Card V555464 210-0413-001 TESTED WORKS!

erek

[H]F Junkie
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2046915517...rjlfI8cO/ydfuhJV+gMj6X/HdK|tkp:Bk9SR7iNtd_NYw

1711241922426.png

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow...back when Mexico was the TSMC of the time. :pompous:

https://www.theregister.com/2000/11/16/3dfx_clarifies_graphics_card_strategy/

3dfx yesterday denied it is pulling out of the 3D graphics card business, although it is ending production at its Juarez, Mexico plant, which will indeed be sold off.

In a clarification of its earlier statements, made in filings with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, 3dfx said it will continue to address the retail graphics card market by outsourcing board production. The company will also seek out "additional retail partnerships".

Alex Leupp, 3dfx's president and CEO, said the move was being made to reduce the company's costs. "The sale of our Juarez facility will allow us to continue selling add-in-board products to the retail channel, with significantly reduced fixed costs," he said in a statement.

Not sure why anybody would buy this one over any number of the much cheaper AGPs listed right now, but hey good luck to the seller!

Jesus, people really will pay through the nose to feel like it's the year 2000 again, even for a second. I remember a time when these were less valuable than the PCI model because so many AGP implementations of the time were trash.

IIRC the PCI version is still technically the preferred one to get. Mac support, being able to pair it with a different AGP card or just use in a board that can't support older AGP spec as a few examples.

Reactions: Halon
like this
I had a voodoo 3 3500 tv agp it was awesome!

I’m curious why people pay so much? Nostalgia?? Seems like a cult following even 😂
Mostly Nostalgia... last fall I build a Retro PC around my still working Voodoo 3 3000 AGP I bought back in high school... lol. Was fun to revisit some glide games on the real hardware, voodoo's dithering really was something else that emulation simply can't recreate or touch. Plus, it was fun screwing around with Windows 98SE again... ha.

Mostly Nostalgia... last fall I build a Retro PC around my still working Voodoo 3 3000 AGP I bought back in high school... lol. Was fun to revisit some glide games on the real hardware, voodoo's dithering really was something else that emulation simply can't recreate or touch. Plus, it was fun screwing around with Windows 98SE again... ha.
I loved the box artwork on the voodoos. They were the best lol

Back