Portable And Cost-Effective Anti-Drone Launcher

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
This looks like something out of an FPS game, but unfortunately, no explosions are involved.

The Northumberland firm’s launcher looks like something out of a computer game, complete with a targeting computer and holographic scope to predict a drone’s flight, which the company says will help law enforcement take out potentially dangerous targets. The launcher weighs 10kg, uses compressed air and can fire almost silently at drones up to 100m away, reloading in 8 seconds, according to the company.

What now?
Large%20Group%20of%20Drones%20Flyng%20in%20Sky%20-%20IMAGE.jpg

Someone might make some $$ selling this utterly useless piece of tech.
Will not help a bit for what they are proposing it for, and way to expensive for the angry neighbor who wants to shoot down your static hovering drone.

Totally looked like a mini nuke at 1:55. :D

Can see certain companies deploying this for evidence gathering of industrial espionage / spying.

LOL at neighbours. They can do it the old fashion way with a 9mm.

it makes more sense to compromise the drone and then feed it bad data and then it becomes YOUR drone feeding you good data or relaying where their base is ;) In a war time situation that is.

PVC pipe, Pipe glue, some duct tape, a lighter, hairspray & some fish net with weights attached is all you need.......think about it.

How vulnerable are drones to anti drone measures? Are there armed anti-drones? Model airplanes? We know shot guns work. Homing Estes rockets? Water canon? Sticky balloons. Fireworks.
Fish hook grapnels.
Parabolic Jammers. Blinding lights. Powered Boomarangs.
Anyone know how to make a sensitive enough proximity fuse? Multibarrel ..

Better yet, use super cheap tech to find the frequency the controller is transmitting on and triangulate the location of the user.

What's the legality of destruction of personal property? You net my drone bringing it crashing to the Earth and fuck my shit up you're paying for it.

This works great if.............. the drone is hovering still for a few minutes while you get out of your vehicle, setup and try to "maintain a lock" ...... Your better off trying to fire non lethal beanbag rounds at it.

What's the legality of destruction of personal property? You net my drone bringing it crashing to the Earth and fuck my shit up you're paying for it.

Exactly, have no interest in them but people advocating destroying them is like people saying lets taking a bat to someone's car. it is no different, at all. Or even better shooting paint all over someone's top story window because they expanded their house upwards and now voids your privacy fence. Seriously fucked up mentality that seems rather common place.

so if you have one of these thar photo guns... I mean anti drone guns you can recover it intact to turn over to the cops or the people who can deal with creepy little kids or worse creepy older kids... using drones to take photos through windows... etc... funnier is if someone uses a drone for delivery over your property you can can bag it to see if it is dropping things over your land... hummm un manned means it either is flying high enough to be controlled by the faa or deals with getting permission to fly over non-public land just like small airframes... snicker should be funny once they are mass produced.

Depends on if its in my airspace or not. When you purchase property, you own the airspace upward of typically about 100 feet. If it's not in my airspace, I have no right, but if it is, I do.

I donno this seems so cheezy. Wouldn't they be better off with active jamming. Jam 2.4ghz and 5ghz with static and the gps frequency the drone goes into failsafe mode and lands or returns home. A directional antenna for broadcast could be used to keep the drone in the field of noise they could make the power variable so they could turn up the noise until the drone loses connection thus not being a nuisance to others. Or in the regulations have it be required that if a drone receives a signal from law enforcement it must automatically land.

Back