official AFMF drivers 24.1.1

good to hear. will try them when i get home on the weekend, for now im stuck on my work macbook...

The other new feature is the video upscaling, but I cannot get it to work. It is very easy to set up, the info question mark quides you in the Adrenaline settings under the graphics tab, but the problem is I cannot enable the feature in the Adrenaline itself, it stays off. This issue is already discussed in a rather fresh Reddit thread. Some fixed it by reinstalling the driver, but is that the only solution? I'm going to wait for the next driver if that is the case, I'm just curious to try the feature at some point.

EDIT. grammar

Last edited:
The other new feature is the video upscaling, but I cannot get it to work. It is very easy to set up, the info question mark quides you in the Adrenaline settings under the graphics tab, but the problem is I cannot enable the feature in the Adernaline itself, it stays off. I already read from this rather fresh Reddit thread that some fixed this by reinstalling the driver, but is that the only solution? I'm going to wait for the next driver if that is the case, I'm just curious to try the feature.
if you want to try it, run ddu and reinstall the new drivers. that might get them working. if not, wait.

I have a 7900 XTX and I haven't touched any of this stuff, including FSR 3.0. I'm hoping it's in the new Horizon game i'll check it out in march. AMFM from what I've seen seems mostly uselss if the camera moves? I guess fighting games could potentially be a good use case.

I have a 7900 XTX and I haven't touched any of this stuff, including FSR 3.0. I'm hoping it's in the new Horizon game i'll check it out in march. AMFM from what I've seen seems mostly uselss if the camera moves? I guess fighting games could potentially be a good use case.
AFMF works well in alot of games, They have improved the tech alot since it first released. It lends itself better to games that are not fast paced..... EG : avoid fast paced FPS. In my testing it works great on older fps titles (Q2 RTX) The gains are great. Dont count out the Frame gen tech until you have tried it.

There can and will be FPS drops but the tech does work wonders in certain applications. Fire it up and give it a try you might just be surprised.

Daniel Owen isn't a fan:

View: https://youtu.be/78fNsa0xihY?feature=shared

Seems like it isn't a silver bullet for modern titles. It would be interesting to try it out on vintage titles, or other types like side-scrollers etc.

I could only watch until the end of him testing on Avatar, I'm a little annoyed by this guy.

He says stuff like "I'm not super impressed" or "I don't love it". Does that mean he's impressed in general, and he likes it?

He didn't address the main question many of us has ( or maybe he did at the end of the video, can't stand listening to him) which is, is the overall experienced better for us with low framerates (40-50 FPS) in non fast paced single player games?

In my experience it is a mixed bag. In a game like Dead Space Remake where there are microstutters, it worsens the amount of stuttering. I was hoping it would smooth them out but it ends up being worse. But some people are saying it is a driver issue with Dead Space and people reverted back to older drivers and stutter gets better. I also tried another stuttery game like Star Citizen. It doesn't smooth out the stutters but it does help smooth things out a bit and capping fps helps with some stutters. I am still back and forth on whether it is better or worse. A lot of that is difficult to measure because the game is server bound and stutters are not consistent. I didn't like using it with RSR that much, seems more stuttery and more artifacts with RSR together. If I was doing pvp in Star Citizen, I would probably turn it off, but might keep it on for just doing missions. Another game I tried was BG3. It creates artifacts on fast scrolling and turning, but during fights and cutscenes, it isn't noticeable. It was a lot worse on the preview drivers for BG3, now it is somewhat useable. Been using it with FSR 2 in BG3 and capping FPS so the framegen is below my 120hz monitor since BG3 isn't a game I need fast movement. Keeps my watts low at around 210 watts but as a compromise sometimes I will see those jittery frames. I think it would also work okay for cities skylines 2 as long as you don't pan and scroll a lot while building but haven't tried it yet. I think it is also a good candidate for VR use. MS flight sim is also possibly beneficial but DLSS 3 will be better. I think AMD should focus more on improving FSR 2 rather than FSR 3. Will see how things go but I think I might go back to Nvidia for 5000 series mainly because of FSR 2 vs DLSS 2 not really FSR3 vs DLSS3

I'm replaying RDR 2, I'll try it tonight and let you know, I'm fully expecting to turn it off after like an hour haha. I agree with the comment above, it'd be dope for City Skylines.

Interestingly - right before my WIndows Boots - I get a bunch of green and black lines covering my screen. Only happens for a few seconds. Never happened before this new update. It doesn't happen any other time.

I'll try to take a photo beforehand.

I have been having major issues with these drivers. After three days of fiddling I give up and just went back to 23.12.1

In my case installing these drivers causes my machine to lock up on boot. I can log into windows and then it freezes. Cant do anything except hard reset it and remove the drivers with DDU in Safe Mode.

Mind you, the drivers work fine on a naked windows install, but anything with like games on it causes it to crash the computer.

No idea. reverted back to 23.12.1 and don't have issues anymore.

No issues for my system on this set but a 6750XT system did the same as yours. Uninstalled the driver used AMD cleanup utility and reinstalled 24.1.1 again and it was ok after that.

Well, I finally got bit by the notorious "AMD Drivers Bad" issue. I can't seem to be able to run 24.1.1 without my games crashing. I tried playing Hell Divers 2 last night and it kept crashing, I assumed it was that Hell Divers 2 is on a weird engine and I just couldn't get it to run, then I realized everything I was playing on my TV was crashing. Rolled back to the drivers from December (23.12.1) and everything is rock solid again. Not sure what the deal is with the latest ones but I flat out can't use them. My games stall and crash after a handful of minutes. Hoping the next update is a bit better, I sent them a bug report so hopefully we'll get a resolution. It seems like the issue happens mostly over HDMI 2.1 but that could be wrong. I don't really know why it's happening but I currently can't update my drivers which is a real bummer. I've never had any issues with their products in the past so I guess I should consider myself lucky.

Last edited:
Well, I finally got bit by the notorious "AMD Drivers Bad" issue. I can't seem to be able to run 24.1.1 without my games crashing. I tried playing Hell Divers 2 last night and it kept crashing, I assumed it was that Hell Divers 2 is on a weird engine and I just couldn't get it to run, then I realized everything I was playing on my TV was crashing. Rolled back to the drivers from December (23.12.1) and everything is rock solid again. Not sure what the deal is with the latest ones but I flat out can't use them. My games stall and crash after a handful of minutes. Hoping the next update is a bit better, I sent them a bug report so hopefully we'll get a resolution. It seems like the issue happens mostly over HDMI 2.1 but that could be wrong. I don't really know why it's happening but I currently can't update my drivers which is a real bummer. I've never had any issues with their products in the past so I guess I should consider myself lucky.
AMD released a driver for Helldivers 2

Maybe try DDU'ing before installing, the AFMF drivers seem to have more stability issues than the previous ones.

AMD released a driver for Helldivers 2

Maybe try DDU'ing before installing, the AFMF drivers seem to have more stability issues than the previous ones.
Use the AMD cleanup utility after uninstall then reinstall 24.1.1. Had same issue until I did that.

I'll give it a try tomorrow. I do run DDU before each install just to be extra safe. I'll try running DDU and the utility then try it. I returned Hell Divers 2, I think I'm just going to play Last Epoch for now because of how absurdly popular Hell Divers is right now I don't want to bother.

do we know if 24.2.1 is going to get an official release or what the next major driver release will be?

Many were getting crashes related to the game's Screen-space Global Illumination, including me. Turned that off and it's been solid. Trying the new driver shortly..

Back