OCZ Trion 150 480GB SSD Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Legion Hardware has published a review of the OCZ Trion 150 480GB SSD today. In the end, the reviewer felt there was "no compelling reason" to purchase one of these drives given the current competition in the market place.

The OCZ Trion 150 is without question a massive improvement over the previous Trion 100 model in every respect. The Trion 150 is cheaper, albeit marginally, and it's faster in most tests by a reasonable margin. This is all great news for potential buyers, but these facts alone don’t necessarily mean you should rush out and buy the Trion 150.

To put it in perspective, as of today $10 more gets you an 850 Evo 500GB, $10 less gets you Crucial BX200 or SanDisk Ultra II, and $20 less gets you Adata, PNY, etc.

Still don't understand why the hell Toshiba bought them.

In spite of their tarnished reputation among us early SSD adopters, the "OCZ" brand still had a lot of name recognition and cachet among consumers. That's pretty much what Toshiba purchased. Who ever says "I'm going to get a Toshiba SSD for my new build"?

Seems the latest OCZ SSDs haven't been to bad.

Agreed. I have an OCZ Arc 240GB from when Toshiba was continuing with the OCZ rebate nonsense on TigerDirect -- cost $40 or so in 2014. Works just fine.

I now have 3 recent OCZ SSD's and they are flawless. Toshiba now does everything in house like Samsung does thus cutting down on cost and poor QC.

Back