Nvidia Quadro GP100 [Rare Engineering Sample] [Fully Working]

erek

[H]F Junkie
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2255578503...T+BeAsUZArqLdWz0CRubfnvHiF|tkp:Bk9SR9SJnIX7YQ

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Very odd that such a card (maybe even a bit suspect...) would have an engineering BIOS dated from late 2017 when the card was released a year before. I would think any BIOS on an engineering sample would date from early-mid 2016.

I love the description for this auction... I bought this for less than $700 from someone who didn't know what they had and now I'm offering it up for over 10x what I paid because it's ES.
My favorite part is:

"All said and done, this is a ridiculously rare and valuable card"

No my friend, it is not.
It's a rare -ish card at best (assuming it is real), and probably an internal sample taken off the line late into this card's production. Considering the card is rough looking, I'd wager this would fetch less than the $700 of a "normal" GP100.

Very odd that such a card (maybe even a bit suspect...) would have an engineering BIOS dated from late 2017 when the card was released a year before. I would think any BIOS on an engineering sample would date from early-mid 2016.

My favorite part is:

"All said and done, this is a ridiculously rare and valuable card"

No my friend, it is not.
It's a rare -ish card at best (assuming it is real), and probably an internal sample taken off the line late into this card's production. Considering the card is rough looking, I'd wager this would fetch less than the $700 of a "normal" GP100.
So it’s probably stolen equipment then?

So it’s probably stolen equipment then?

Probably, in a sense, but I'm sure Nvidia could care less about years-old parts that are out of production.

I'm no expert on this, but I remember reading somewhere that all ES parts are technically "stolen" - I don't know to what extent that's true or not though.

Probably, in a sense, but I'm sure Nvidia could care less about years-old parts that are out of production.

I'm no expert on this, but I remember reading somewhere that all ES parts are technically "stolen" - I don't know to what extent that's true or not though.
ES/QS parts are for a designated "end user" (partner/OEM/etc) - while it's not like someone "picked it up off the line and hid it" (most likely), they were supposed to be returned at end of use to the original manufacturer. They often aren't - the OEM's don't track it that closely, and there are a LOT of them floating around, but yes - they're effectively not for resale and "stolen" in the sense that the prior possessor didn't have "ownership" of it to sell in the first place, but they didn't "steal" it in the most traditional of senses.

I saw this post and thought "Huh, cool, a GP100 engineering sample. I'll give that a look..." but my jaw dropped when I saw that absurd price. Who in their right mind would ever pay $7k for that???

Reactions: erek
like this
Back