Nvida 5900 Talk about it.

Mr. Jones

Limp Gawd
I just want some feed back on the Nvidia 5900. I am seriously thinking of getting it and i was wondering what you guys thought. Because you aren't [H] unless you get the best.
:cool:

Really fast card for everything except intensive dx9 games (like farcry), where it doesn't fair so well. May need to drop down to sm1.1 level shaders on intensive sm2.0/3.0 games.

Aside from that, super fast card.

It's a decent card, but I don't know where you can get the non-SE/XT versions anymore for a good price. Overclocking a regular 5900 to 475/950 (5950U speeds) gives very good performance in virtually everything.

I just sold my BFG 5900 VIVO recently and I'm getting a BFG 6800GT delivered this morning. I'm not sure it's worth the $150 upgrade price right now, but it was better to sell the 5900 now than wait for it to crash in value later.

My card is flashed to 5950 runnin rock stable Ovclk(c sig). It runs far Cry real well! I'm so pleased with it that I'll just wait till the prices drop on the new toys. Ain't easy though :eek:

Thanks a lot, i am starting to look at nvidia just cause everyone i know has ati. But i am not ready for the 6800 and the x800's but awesome feedback guys i think i am going to try and snatch one up.

Back