Nintendo switch doesn't charge

My son's nintendo switch doesn't charge anymore. I've tried a different charger, cleaning the port port out with some alcohol and a toothbrush, compressed air, etc. No dice. Anyone have any advice on that one?

If it is the port and know how to solder you can buy a replacement port from ifixit for $10.

Do you know if it's the Switch that isn't working or could it be the dock? You could just replace the dock.

Do you know if it's the Switch that isn't working or could it be the dock? You could just replace the dock.
It is plugged directly into the switch and and a no-go.
If it is the port and know how to solder you can buy a replacement port from ifixit for $10.
I am a terrible solderer unfortunately...and it ain't from a lack of trying. Perhaps I am cursed ever since I burned a floor in the carpet as a kid with the soldering iron.

It is plugged directly into the switch and and a no-go.

I am a terrible solderer unfortunately...and it ain't from a lack of trying. Perhaps I am cursed ever since I burned a floor in the carpet as a kid with the soldering iron.
Best bet is to take it to a repair shop then. Don't know if it will be worth fixing over getting a new one tho. Shouldn't be much of it is a port. You can buy the entire MB assembly but that cost nearly $200.

My son's nintendo switch doesn't charge anymore. I've tried a different charger, cleaning the port port out with some alcohol and a toothbrush, compressed air, etc. No dice. Anyone have any advice on that one?
If its still in warranty, Nintendo is very good about repairs. If its not in warranty, they typically charge ~$100 (for a lite) to fix issues such as 'won't charge'.

If its still in warranty, Nintendo is very good about repairs. If its not in warranty, they typically charge ~$100 (for a lite) to fix issues such as 'won't charge'.
Unfortunately, it is a standard switch and it is about 18mo old.

Don’t pay $100 to fix it. Upgrade to the OLED model if you/ he uses the screen at all. It is lightyears better.

Back