Need help in identifying this iPhone 15 Pro Max Accessory

maverick786us

2[H]4U
I want to buy this accessory designed particularly for iPhone 15 Pro Max. But I cannot find the brand name and product description. From where, can I order this item?

1695359987088.png

I am looking for an accessory similar to this. Is it even available in the market for the consumers, or is it for hard core professionals

its a two handed phone rig/gimbal. it kinda looks like dji's but with custom wood handles.

I am looking for an accessory similar to this. Is it even available in the market for the consumers, or is it for hard core professionals
Nah, this is for whoever…. if you’re shooting on a phone then you’re likely not doing ’professional’ work unless it’s a special advertising piece for Apple or some musical artist.
its a two handed phone rig/gimbal. it kinda looks like dji's but with custom wood handles.
Not even a gimbal. No stabilization what-so-ever.

It’s basically just a phone mount attatched to a piece of metal with two grips, one at either end. There’s quite a few manufactuers of “cages” for this sort of purpose.

The actual phone mount could just be bought anywhere. Just look for with with a 1/4” or 3/8” mounting screw hole on the bottom or 1/2”. Those are the common formats for either mounting things on cages or to tripods. Depending. The smaller ones will probably be just fine for cage mounted things.

Moment has this one: https://www.shopmoment.com/products/moment-mobile-filmmaker-cage-for-magsafe/
But I would recommend against it as it depends on Magsafe to hold it. Though you could simply replace the Magsafe mount with any other phone mount. It’s threaded through the bottom with likely a 1/4”

SmallRig’s costs half as much and is more secure. No included mic though (which is fine, that allows more customization).
https://www.amazon.com/SmallRig-Universal-Aluminum-Stabilizer-Streaming/dp/B0BQ2YK9VT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3RJET1GT09VIU&keywords=phone+cage&qid=1695519386&sprefix=phone+cage,aps,242&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Trying to find the exact phone cage that that is might be hard. It honestly could just be a bunch of parts that someone threaded together. Things like handles etc are more or less universal mounts and like I mentioned everything fits together with 1/4”-20 screws. So it honestly could’ve been a phone bought a piece of metal and two grips all screwed together. It’s not a complicated rig.

Out of the two I listed, I’d do the SmallRig, they’re well known in dSLR filming circles. But if neither of those two options satisfies you, just look up “phone cage” on Amazon and you’ll see tons of cheap models floating around of mostly dubious quality. Whatever you buy just try and make sure the phone gripping part is solid and secure. The rest of the cage being solid metal should theoretically be difficult even for some knock off brand to mess up.

EDIT: Just for some other points of reference.
I can 100% say that the wrist strap being used is from Peak Design, it’s called “The Leash”.
I can also 100% say that the battery bank holder being used is from SmallRig, it’s their universal hard-drive/battery mount. Also really common. Like I say, pretty sure the whole rig really is just spare parts slapped together. Because just those two things alone are different brands.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What's your opinion on having these 2 items this and this and them combine it?
All I need is a simple 2 handed gimbal with tripod and SSD mount. I will get my iPhone 15 Pro Max next week. So while taking video in events, I will be capturing 4K Cinematic footage at 60 FPS directly on the SSD connected with USB-C and then show it in my MacBook Pro

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back