LG C2 as a pc monitor...ycbcr444 or rgb?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
I use my LG C2 as my pc display. In the nvcp for output color format, should I use ycbcr444 or rgb?

I am thinking because it's a tv, I should use ycbcr444 since it is hdmi. No? When I set my nvcp to ycbcr444/limited, my colors are more vibrant in hdr on my win11 desktop.

When I set it to rgb/full it is greyed out kind. I have run the win 11 hdr tool also. This is with the latest webos 23 firmware for the tv. I should enable pc mode for my hdmi port on my tv right?

Last edited:
Ycbcr and RGB should look the practically the same and the image should not dramatically change when switching between the two. Technically RGB Full range is the best choice because you have the most color steps available to you but difference is slight. If your image is washed out and dull (or alternatively hyper contrasty but with crushed details) with RGB when compared to ycbcr then there is a HDMI range is mismatched between your TV and your GPU. If you have your GPU in full range then your TV also has to be set in full range.

If you do not want to be bothered then just use ycbcr. It is usually fool proof because you do not have to set anything correctly, it just works in most TV's.

Back