Just bought a 9600 XT at BB and dont know how to make it go faster

Tunabow

[H]ard|Gawd
When I read the review on these a while back they had somesort of automatic overclocking feature right? Is there anything I can flash it to? Is there a website that can help me out? Beofre you guys yell at me for not looking into this myself I am very sick with bronchitis and can only get up and get on the pc for so long. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That automatic overclocking thing is built into the drivers, it raises the clock speed by the temperature of the core. You can also manually do it by getting something like powerstrip or the Rage3d tweak.

Im assuming I need to download the latest drivers for that which im doing now, I cant find the setting with the original drivers on the cd.

you don't say you're assuming, go download them and see.
DOn't waste our time and yours :)

overdrive will overclock your card from 500/300 to 525/310ish

not really worth more then 1-3 fps.

May wanna try a utility to overclock perminently.

Originally posted by Unoid
you don't say you're assuming, go download them and see.
DOn't waste our time and yours :)

overdrive will overclock your card from 500/300 to 525/310ish

not really worth more then 1-3 fps.

May wanna try a utility to overclock perminently.

Overdrive doesn't overclock the ram, only the core at this time, up to a maximum of 32MHz over the default speed depending on gpu temperature.

If you are an experienced overclocker you will find better results using a third party app and overclocking core and ram manually. The 9600XT's are very good overclockers.

Back