Is it safe to use other USB Type C Charger

maverick786us

2[H]4U
Generally I don't use any android charger for charging my iPhone 15 Pro Max. But once in a bluemoon if I forget to bring my charger, is it safe to use other USB Type C cable which I can mount into the USB Port of my Desktop for charging?

If apple calls it USB type-c, then it should be safe. If it's not, then they'd be liable for damages from a lot of very angry customers.

That said, whether it will charge or not will depend on the capabilities of the port you connect the cable to, and whether apple programmed their phone to charge from any source or only their (approved) chargers (unlikely, but possible).

Generally I don't use any android charger for charging my iPhone 15 Pro Max. But once in a bluemoon if I forget to bring my charger, is it safe to use other USB Type C cable which I can mount into the USB Port of my Desktop for charging?

What about the opposite way ?

This is another case of overthinking.
Quality > Brand.

Anything of sufficient quality is fine. I probably wouldn't use some random charger from Alibaba or whatever, but any major electronics firm has produced product that meet all USB specifications at the minimum. That is the value in OEM.

I always use faster/better quality chargers on my devices with no problems. I use this to charge my MB Air, iPad Pro, and Pixel 8 Pro.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Apple was forced to use USB-C specifically to use non-Apple chargers.

Apple was forced to use USB-C specifically to use non-Apple chargers.
False. The issue has never been the charging side, the issue there was the phone side. Apple had to adopt USB-C on their phones. Their chargers have always been using USB-A or USB-C (yes before the mandate, since iPhone 11 I believe), and there has never been a problem with charging an Apple device using any other charger.

I always use faster/better quality chargers on my devices with no problems. I use this to charge my MB Air, iPad Pro, and Pixel 8 Pro.

I’ve a similar one (but made by anker)that I use to charge an anker pb that has dual feed in mechanism and I also use it to charge my kindle and my iPhone pro max 11.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
USB-C negotiates the connection. If the device and charger are capable of agreeing on a different voltage and current rating than the baseline USB standard, then they will take advantage of better power delivery possible with USB-C. But if either side can’t say what it is capable of then you just get the default safe values.

Apple Lightning cable existed before USB-C saw usage in the market. At the time, Lightning answered some problems that people were having that did not yet have a solution. In particular, a plug that could go in either way and had re-assignable pins (can be used for analog or digital).

I’ve a similar one (but made by anker)that I use to charge an anker pb that has dual feed in mechanism and I also use it to charge my kindle and my iPhone pro max 11.
Fast charging is good as long as it doesn't reduce the battery life.

Back