IRS: Cyberattacks More Extensive Than Previously Reported

HardOCP News

[H] News
Isn't this just fantastic? The IRS says that more than twice as many taxpayer accounts may have been accessed by crooks than previously reported.

The Internal Revenue Service said Friday that more than twice as many taxpayer accounts may have been hit by cybercriminals than the agency previously reported, with hackers gaining access to as many as 700,000 accounts and attempting to break into an additional 575,000. The disclosure is the second revision by the IRS in the last six months. Last August it said cybercrooks used stolen Social Security numbers and other data to gain access to taxpayer information for as many as 330,000 accounts, up from a number of 114,000 announced in May 2015.

They can have mine if they want. I don't wana pay the rest if they'll do it for me (y)

Your best defense is to have to return to collect on. Adjust your withholding so that you will owe a little at the end of the year. Then pay the balance at the end of the year.

Besides, why give the government a revolving line of credit for 0% interest, they won't give you one.

They can have mine if they want. I don't wana pay the rest if they'll do it for me (y)

Your best defense is to have to return to collect on. Adjust your withholding so that you will owe a little at the end of the year. Then pay the balance at the end of the year.

Except they will file for your tax return, claiming 14 dependents, massive mortgage payments and 50K in medical expenses, resulting in a huge refund.

And yet another reason to do away with the personal income tax and switch to a sales/consumption tax.

I just got another scam call. "This is the IRS and this is you final notice." "We have filed a lawsuit against you, call this office immediately." "213 432 0987."

Back