IPS glossy 27" monitor for 300-700€. Best one right now?

otoko

n00b
New thread title: BenQ BL2710PT or Dell U2715H? Best 27" IPS for 300-700€?

Hi! I am new to this forum. I been checking this forum out for a few weeks now and finally decided to join.

I'm interested in a monitor with the following specifications and personal preferences. I'm a bit picky and perfectionst about video (and audio) quality. But the monitor I want it's for personal use. I want to buy it in my country if possible. I'm not really interested in all the import-only Korean monitors.

Every day use: Video content, Adobe CC, reading

• 27"
  • 300-700€
  • Warranty
  • Glossy
  • IPS
  • No glow

• I don't need AdobeRGB
  • Good build quality
  • Good quality control from the manufacturer
  • 60Hz is fine

Any advices? Which is the most indicated for my preferences and use?

Thank you.

Last edited:
What you're asking for does not exist in 1440p without importing.

You could purchase the iiyama XB2779QS which uses plasma deposition coating; it will provide the clearest picture, but has horrible black depth. It also sucks vs the much lower priced Crossover 27QW/2755 AMG because it has an eye-watering minimum brightness of 170 cd/m2. Read up on Plasma Deposition Coating here.

The Dell S2715H is the only glossy 1080p 27" monitor.

Everything you can currently buy will have IPS glow.

What you're asking for does not exist in 1440p without importing.

You could purchase the iiyama XB2779QS which uses plasma deposition coating; it will provide the clearest picture, but has horrible black depth. It also sucks vs the much lower priced Crossover 27QW/2755 AMG because it has an eye-watering minimum brightness of 170 cd/m2. Read up on Plasma Deposition Coating here.

The Dell S2715H is the only glossy 1080p 27" monitor.

Everything you can currently buy will have IPS glow.

Yup.

The biggest issue with this is that you're asking for a range of high-end features on a glare/glossy monitor. Glare monitors are generally found exclusively at the bottom of the low-end heap. That makes this request really difficult.

Thanks for the replies. :)

XB2779QS looks average for my interest and S2715H it's 1080p. It seems that my ideal montor not exist...

So, if I dismiss the glossy feature, I am between these two:

• BenQ BL2710PT → I can buy it for 530€ (560$)
  • Dell U2715H → I can buy it for 469€ (496$)

BL2710PT reviews (NCX, TFT Central, etc.) are very favorable. But U2715H it's newer, and have very good reviews too. Both have the same subtle matte coating I think.

Which one it's the best considering what I have said in the first post? Some good competitor for these two?

I don't know if it's important, but I will use this monitor in a low light environment.

The XB2779QS is great aside from the high minimum brightness and glass covered black bezel which ruins the perceived black depth. The LG 27MB85R-B is the best matte multi-input 27" 1440p monitor. It has better colour presets than the Dell, no input lag and a perceived black depth increasing matte grey bezel. The Dell is marketed as frame-less, but frame-less monitors have inner black bezels which ruin the perceived black depth. Example: notice how light the black letter box bars look compared to the monitors inner black bezel.

@Nicholars: I don't play games. Thank anyway. :)

I think I will order the LG 27MB85R for 573€. It's a good deal?

27MB85R and 27MB85R-B are the same model?

I have read that the brightness from this LG is a bit uncomfortable on a dark enviroment. The room where the monitor will be is a bit dark. It will be a significant problem for me?

Last edited:
Can anyone give me some advice? I want to order a monitor shortly. But I'm not really sure about which one is the best option. 27MB85R looks great.

Back