How to run dual channel with Corsair XMS 2x512

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everyone, I am about to purchase one more stick of 512mb Corsair XMS pc3200 from newegg.com and I was wondering how I get them to run dual channel on my motherboard. What slots do I need to put them in and what settings do I need to have set in the BIOS? While I am at it, I want my RAM to run in sync with my motherboard which is rated at 333mhz I think... What do I need to do to make it run in sync with that? I know I have ddr400, but is there anythiing I can do to make it run better together and in dual channel? Thanks for the help guys!

-warsaw

You should probably check your motherboard manual. But when I built my computer and wanted to use dual channel i just put the ram in the 1st and 3rd slots and when i turned on the computer and it started counting the ram right under it, it said "memory runs at dual channel". that was it i didnt need to change any setting for that. And on my motherboard the dual channel slots are 1 paired with 3 and 2 paird with 4. hope that helps.

xphantg0d is right look in your motherboard manual for the proper slots to place the ram in.
If you did it correctly it should boot into BIOS and say your clock speed (166, 200 MHz, ect.) then in bold Dual Channel

Back