HOT FIRE! Acer Predator x34 (GSYNC) - Refurbished - $729.99 SHIPPED

Sorry been busy all weekend. But works fine. No dead pixels, backlight bleed though as I expected but at this price, I can deal with it. I thought 27 was good but this thing is big, and extremely immersive. I don't notice anything but what's on screen while play with this ultrawide.

Did you try overclocking?

bummer. woulda totally jumped on it if i had known a couple minutes prior >_<

Just snagged one, it would be pretty funny if I got one of the two I returned for half the price (and minus 2 year warranty)

Big gamble with a warranty that short. Especially coming from Acer. Good luck guys, I wish you all the best of luck. Too risky for me. :(

*EDIT*
Would a low cost third party warranty lower the risk? Squaretrade possible or worth it?

do you guys just f5 the hell out of the site? i never even saw one available.

Big gamble with a warranty that short. Especially coming from Acer. Good luck guys, I wish you all the best of luck. Too risky for me. :(

*EDIT*
Would a low cost third party warranty lower the risk? Squaretrade possible or worth it?

Correct I am getting a 3 year squaretrade, right now they are offering it for $100, I think I can find a promo code somewhere to knock that down a bit

Yeah, I refresh frequently.. I still have one in cart... debating on getting it, I am about 70 percent yes so far.. slowing rising haha. It was back in stock again a few minutes ago for a few minutes.

if you change your mind i'd be happy to take it and blend it in my lawnmower if it's sh*t

I have mine OC'ed to 100Hz with no issues although I haven't ran any sort of tests. I will say that the bezel on the bottom where it says "predator" sticks out a little bit. I feel like it should be adhered to the panel.

I went back and forth debating between monitors for the last few months. I finally decided the heck with it and ordered this one. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good one! Anyway, thanks doox00! I was able to grab one because of your post--I appreciate it!

Correct I am getting a 3 year squaretrade, right now they are offering it for $100, I think I can find a promo code somewhere to knock that down a bit
I called squaretrade yesterday and they said they wouldn't cover this monitor.

Okay, after having it in the cart all day I finally bit and purchased one. :) What is the warranty on these? 90 days?

Last edited:
any way to track/get notified when these come back in stock? Cant find a chrome extension or anything. nowinstock.com only works for their pre-selected websites.

any way to track/get notified when these come back in stock? Cant find a chrome extension or anything. nowinstock.com only works for their pre-selected websites.

Theres plenty of chrome addons that monitor pages to see if they change at all. That should work for you.

FYI, they are back up on the site.

I just went ahead and pulled the trigger on one myself. Will report the condition upon receiving.

So tempting.
Maybe it is time to upgrade from the Korean 27 incher that I have.

So tempting.
Maybe it is time to upgrade from the Korean 27 incher that I have.

Do it. The size of this thing makes everything incredibly immersive. The Gsync is the cherry on top. Everything looks so damn smooth above 45 fps. But you'll probably have to upgrade your card if you wanna max out graphic settings.

So I dug around the acer refurbished monitor section and saw the XB270HU for $399. Good deal? Reviews seem solid.

So I dug around the acer refurbished monitor section and saw the XB270HU for $399. Good deal? Reviews seem solid.

I would have gone with this or the the new ROG IPS if I wasn't tired of 27" already. Sometimes a bigger display can pull me back into gaming, it's weird.

Mine was shipped from Edinburg, TX . Ordered on the 10th , showed possessing until I called on monday. Arrives tomorrow.

Looks like a good deal to me. Pretty tempting except:

A) I'm holding out till Nvidia and AMD release their new die-shrunk vid cards and

B) I'd prefer to get something widescreen and a bit bigger (30" or more).

Still, that monitor is pretty awesome. Friendlier to single-gpu setups vs 4k-ish monitors, 144Hz 4ms and gsync, USB 3.0 hub, and tilt/swivel? That's an awful lot of bulletpoints checked off for $400.

Well I bookmarked the link. For $730, it's a steal. Wonder if you can snag a warranty through SquareTrade?

Well I bookmarked the link. For $730, it's a steal. Wonder if you can snag a warranty through SquareTrade?

Another poster posted above that they contacted SquareTrade regarding this monitor however they were told they wouldnt cover it. The post is about halfway up on this page.

Do you guys have that bad of luck with monitors or just watching your asses? I've never had a monitor shit out on me (IPS at least) unless it was borked right out of the box. For the price these things cost you would think they'd last a while.

Do you guys have that bad of luck with monitors or just watching your asses? I've never had a monitor shit out on me (IPS at least) unless it was borked right out of the box. For the price these things cost you would think they'd last a while.

You would think, but the quality of just about everything these days is laughable imo. Price does not dictate quality/reliability necessarily. These may be very reliable.. We'll see though I suppose haha.

I had to have 3 of my Vizio 70" HDTV's replaced (meaning replaced the same screen 3 times).. May say well it was a cheap Vizio.. but at the time it was still 2k.. so not really cheap, maybe cheaper than the alternative though. Still should not have had 3 bad ones in a year or so time regardless.

You would think, but the quality of just about everything these days is laughable imo. Price does not dictate quality/reliability necessarily. These may be very reliable.. We'll see though I suppose haha.

If not we're going to find out "will it blend".

My HP/Dell IPS monitors, albeit not "gaming" monitors have lasted me 5-10 years without a hiccup. I have never owned an Acer product, though. We shall see.

If not we're going to find out "will it blend".

My HP/Dell IPS monitors, albeit not "gaming" monitors have lasted me 5-10 years without a hiccup. I have never owned an Acer product, though. We shall see.

I have 3 27" Acer monitors I have had for 3 or 4 years now.. very reliable.. and been moved around like crazy too. Think they are VA panels or something like that.

as for the square trade warranty ... i called them twice yesterday and both times they said yes .
it did sound like i was talking to someone over seas .
told them what website i was getting it from and they didn't even seem to care ?
from reading their terms it looks like they don't warranty refurbished items ( usually don't have warranty) , but these are re-certified that carry a 90 day warranty.
was told that when i received it i had 30 days to place coverage on it .

Back