Hisense Laser TV

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Morning all. I'm thinking of picking up the Hisense L9G for my new apartment. Reviews are pretty stellar. Anyone have experience with a laser TV?
Thanks.

It's definitely not a TV, it's a ultra short throw dlp projector. Do you have windows, or like having lights on? The picture will degrade quite a bit. Even in total darkness the contrast ratio is atrocious.

You're paying a hefty price for 14 inches. You can get a samsung 86 for 3,000 dollars less, and it's superior in everything but size.

It's definitely not a TV, it's a ultra short throw dlp projector. Do you have windows, or like having lights on? The picture will degrade quite a bit. Even in total darkness the contrast ratio is atrocious.

You're paying a hefty price for 14 inches. You can get a samsung 86 for 3,000 dollars less, and it's superior in everything but size.
It's a 120" model, and no, a plain old ips 86 TV isn't going to be superior. Plus the screen size isn't even comparable anyway, in surface area.

OP, if look into the new epson ust projector that just camf out around $5k. It's much better quality and I have heard hisense's warranty support Iis atrocious. You want a good warranty on that kind of purchase! :)

It's a 120" model, and no, a plain old ips 86 TV isn't going to be superior. Plus the screen size isn't even comparable anyway, in surface area.

OP, if look into the new epson ust projector that just camf out around $5k. It's much better quality and I have heard hisense's warranty support Iis atrocious. You want a good warranty on that kind of purchase! :)
They are superior in every way but size. These DLP chips are DC3 crap that TI came out with 15 years ago. Not true 4k, and their native CR is about 300:1. Not sure what you're talking about.

After reading all the remarks it's amazing that it has seriously good reviews. This particular model.

It seems with the ALR screens these things can perform decently in rooms with moderate light. They won't rival traditional TVs, but the videos I've seen show them to be very useable during the day, even near a window.

I've been thinking of getting one for my living room.

YouTuber Chris Majestic has several videos on various ust models.
https://youtube.com/c/Majestechs

You need to have reasonable expectations about black levels and contrast, as with anything there are tradeoffs.

Last edited:
At 02:05... yikes. Hard pass from me.
He still gives it a great review and honestly my 75 inch Samsung is basically useless for gaming/video viewing during the day because of reflection/glare of the sun. Right now, sitting on my couch I can see the reflection of the buildings behind me. These problems can be solved with black out shades.

PXL_20220313_193157352.jpg

Ok so 3000 lumen. I have a a 3600 Lumen projector currently and I might be able to give abit of insight. With the level of light seen in your picture... it's not going to be awesome as soon as you watch or play anything that is dark. Big bright n' vibrant scenes will be mostly fine, but as soon as you hit a dark image/scene, like say this forum in your picture, all the blacks, greys etc are going to be dim and faded looking. You can improve that with a proper screen to project on... but your LCD will still going look better comparatively(although reflections suck)

BTW the projector I have is MUCH older, lower resolution, and I project usually a much smaller screen(60sih"). it's a Sony VPL-EX175. It's not my primary display, I have it as a backup and for doing fun stuff. But it's brighter and has 4 times the static contrast ratio of the L9G. And it works ok with blinds drawn, but it's not really awesome to watch dark content on unless the room is fairly dark.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
At 02:05... yikes. Hard pass from me.

He still gives it a great review and honestly my 75 inch Samsung is basically useless for gaming/video viewing during the day because of reflection/glare of the sun. Right now, sitting on my couch I can see the reflection of the buildings behind me. These problems can be solved with black out shades.
I don't believe the unit at 2:05 was the Hisense.

Basically you would be trading reflections for a faded image. And when it is dark, and thats not a problem, you will have a larger image with a lower contrast ratio. You can get some great LCD and OLED at the same price that would absolutely destroy it in every category but size.

*edit* I think you should just get curtains lol

Basically you would be trading reflections for a faded image. And when it is dark, and thats not a problem, you will have a larger image with a lower contrast ratio. You can get some great LCD and OLED at the same price that would absolutely destroy it in every category but size.

*edit* I think you should just get curtains lol
Yeah, sorry. That image is without the shades being down. And buying something new is for a move I intend to make.

Back