Help choosing ram for 939 Mobo setup, for high Overclocking

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
I currently own a Fx-51 and didnt really have a option on the ram, Know that i got a FX-53 and i am waiting to purchase a 939 Pin mobo, i see some are on Pricewatch, I really need to decide on some ram. Since the AGP/PCI is locked and i dont need regestered ram should i take the plunge and get some PC4400 DDR and shoot for the highest front side bus i can go? Or just stick with something much lower like Corsair XMS 3500? This computer is just gonna be for benchmarks, Overclocks and gaming so i can trash the OS and lose Info at will, i wont be upset hehe. Thanks in advance guys.

Ya but i dont wanna have a Mobo, Cpu, and my new 800XT card that a pre-ordered sitting in the case with no ram, but ya a nice review on some ram in there would be nice, time to do some more googling

Your reviews just came out. Look on the main page of the [H] for all the Corsair 2225 reviews. For a while, many we're going with other brands to save money. But now look at what we are seeing. The low timings are what is king. I have the 2326LLPro in my machine and it works great.

From the article at Hexus:
Corsair has made the conclusion abundantly simple for us. If you run your system at default or near-default speeds and want the absolute last drop of performance, there's little need to look at any other RAM modules, frankly.
The article shows that this RAM won't even stabily clock past DDR430, no matter what latency/voltage you use. This is great for someone that wants performance at DDR400, but for those of us that want to overclock this is a dealbreaker. What I wanna know, and what I think alot of people are looking around for right now is, what are we supposed to get if we want to do some serious FSB overclocking?

Well from what im reading, the name of the game is just raw Megahertz since the memory coontroller is on the chip, so its really a moot point. I did notice that on my FX-51 my 3dmarks scores are almost identical if im running at different combinations of FSB and Multipliers so the fastest Corsair XMS will do, 1 thing that sucks is that if i want 2 Gig of ram and bought the fastest matched pair of 2 1 gig sticks there timings are garbage compared to 2 512 meg sticks.

Back