Gamespots Game of the Year

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
Gamespot has their yearly awards up for your viewing pleasure this morning.

This is it: our highest honor, presented to the one game that blew us away most of all in 2006. But before we start heaping praise on our most deserving victor, we wish to acknowledge our top 10 finalists for GameSpot's 2006 Game of the Year award

Fixed. At the moment we are adding the comments section by hand, there is on scripting. Consequently, we have to ninja here and there. ;)

EDIT:

Hmm Gears of War...meh Oblivion was better imo but I guess with all the problems it had (horrible scaled leveling, etc) GoW came out to be a better choice.

Bully was fun too and I really enjoyed that game so I'm not surprised it was at least in the running for game of the year.

Gears of War has been one of the best games I've played in a long time, no wonder it deserves #1 spots all around. The only disappointments I've seen with people is where Oblivion stands. My opinion: Oblivion is good . . . for the first few hours. After that, it drops down hill into boredomville. Don't get me wrong . . . the game has wonderful graphics and gameplay, but I'm just not THAT into RPGs. Not everybody likes RPGs anymore. Shooting games, whether they be first person or third person, are the top choice for games these days and have been for a while. But just IMO, Gears deserves the #1 of the year.

This game has made almost every game on both the PC and 360 look irrelevant at this point. Oblivion? Good game but meh, too long , and of course cause of its genre alot of people won't like it. I have almost every game on my PC and after getting GOW for the 360 they've all become boring to me. Some people just want a shooter you hop in, stare at the amaxing graphics, and have soem quick fun. It's as simple as that, Its like an action movie. Of course not everyoen i sgoing to like the game. But I hav to admit, its the only shooter that had me hooked on the 360. Metal Gear Solid 4 is the other game I look foward to.

I wonder how long (if ever) till GoW comes out for PC. Halo was supposed ot be exclusive too but eventually the pc got it (and got disappointed it was half as good as the hype).

I doubt I buy any console within the next several years so GoW coming to pc is my only chance to play it.

Back