Galaxy S7 Edge Teardown

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Chipworks provides a look inside Samsung’s latest smartphone. While they didn’t photograph every part, there are some good close-ups of noteworthy components like the camera’s OIS system and Snapdragon chip.

So what is new with the S7’s camera system? Dual pixel phase detection autofocus (PDAF) technology! We first saw this concept in use in 2013 in a much different imaging application: the Canon EOS 70D DSLR. Canon committed 80% of the 70D’s active pixel array to dual pixel CMOS AF functionality. A similar concept has now been adapted to the world of small-pixel mobile camera chips, where 100% of the 12 MP active pixel array is committed to both sensing.

Another tear down that proves that the decision to make the battery non removable (by the average person) has absolutely nothing to do with design limitations. Really getting tired of this money grabbing trend by OEM's.

GradeAUnderA has a video that perfectly explains how I feel about modern smart phones.

Man that guy in the video is obnoxious. I couldn't even make it all the way through. But he does pretty much nail it.

Another tear down that proves that the decision to make the battery non removable (by the average person) has absolutely nothing to do with design limitations. Really getting tired of this money grabbing trend by OEM's.

I've had The Galaxy S4 and S5. Never took the battery out of either of them. Now with the Note 5 the battery lasts all day for me and with fast charging available I can get a 40-50% top off in 20-30 minutes or less

Back