Frustration

ng4ever

2[H]4U
Does anyone ever get frustrated with mobile devices because you can’t do everything you can on a full fledge desktop os?

I get why you should not program on a iPhone or iPad a lot but what about other stuff. Like idk using a browser addon or a certain browser over Safari. That or being able to open links easily in program of chose

Know mobile os are improving but still

Is it just the nature of the beast or do I just have to accept the limits for now for such a small device?

Talking mostly about smartphones, iPhone, and iPad

I used android phone and tablet before feel they have somewhat similar limits to an extent

That is why I bought a Microsoft Surface.

I thought about that but I read plenty of issues with them sometimes. Just depends on what you do. You can do heavy gaming obviously. That is ok though. Not my point.

It just breaks sometimes a lot.

Does anyone ever get frustrated with mobile devices because you can’t do everything you can on a full fledge desktop os?

I get why you should not program on a iPhone or iPad a lot but what about other stuff. Like idk using a browser addon or a certain browser over Safari. That or being able to open links easily in program of chose

Is it just the nature of the beast or do I just have to accept the limits for now for such a small device?

I used android phone and tablet before feel they have somewhat similar limits to an extent

Browser addons work excellently on my smartphone. Perhaps your problem is that you use an Apple brand phone?

Seems like you found your answers later in this thread, but I'll just say for the most part what you're dealing with is Apple's locked down browser system that is limited to Webkit. If you live in the EU, then soon you'll have the option to use whatever browser you want, but that won't be coming anywhere else in the world.

As for default apps, that can be selected for most things in iOS.

One of the apps that keeps me on Apple is Air Video HD. I know it is not on the App Store anymore but people who got it can still download it.

It is like Plex or Emby but you do not need to wait for data to scrap or whatever Plex or Emby does with posters and summaries of each movie or tv show.

Wish there was one for Android but there is not :(

I know just use Plex or Emby but it is not the same.

Realize Air Video HD will one day stop working on a upgraded iOS but today is not that day. It does not get updates anymore of course since it is off the App Store sadly :(

Back