Easy remote access program? That is secure

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
I have not done this in years but now I think I have to. I moved over an hour away from my mom and she has fallen for phishing scams a few times. I’ve been able to stop her before anything bad happened in the past, but a few days ago she did it big time. They gained remote access to her computer. She locked all her financial accounts but i don’t think her google account was locked or password changed, and im not sure how long she left it on before she unplugged it.

I’ve now set up a complete new computer, waiting for her to pick it up, and my brother can rebuild it with her new accounts and such.. but he’s not that tech savvy. Is there a secure remote access program that can’t be compromised? I just need to be able to fix her websites and such remotely.. even just be able to shut it down remotely. Getting the printers working is another thing I could use it for.

I have not done this in years but now I think I have to. I moved over an hour away from my mom and she has fallen for phishing scams a few times. I’ve been able to stop her before anything bad happened in the past, but a few days ago she did it big time. They gained remote access to her computer. She locked all her financial accounts but i don’t think her google account was locked or password changed, and im not sure how long she left it on before she unplugged it.

I’ve now set up a complete new computer, waiting for her to pick it up, and my brother can rebuild it with her new accounts and such.. but he’s not that tech savvy. Is there a secure remote access program that can’t be compromised? I just need to be able to fix her websites and such remotely.. even just be able to shut it down remotely. Getting the printers working is another thing I could use it for.
windows? if* yours is pro you can use quick assist.
*if not it

Last edited:
windows? it yours is pro you can use quick assist.
Didn’t know that existed. Yes Windows 10. I wonder if that’s how they got access. She didn’t tell either of us how exactly they got control… either way it’ll work for me. Thanks

Didn’t know that existed. Yes Windows 10. I wonder if that’s how they got access. She didn’t tell either of us how exactly they got control… either way it’ll work for me. Thanks
possible. no prob! i use it at work all the time, its simple and built in. once connected you do have to request remote control from a button at the top. in case you dont notice it...

teamviewer can work fine for personal use.

So I am in a similar situation with the mother-in-law, so what I did was

1. Reset all of her passwords on all her accounts and stored them myself (Email, social media et cetera)
2. Set mine and my wife's email addresses as recovery emails (we also get notifications if anything changes on the account)
3. Have a bitdefender subscription and put it on all of the mother in laws devices - set all protection to on and used a password so it could not be changed.
4. Installed teamviewer and set it to auto start with her devices, so if I needed to jump into the device I can.

This way if ANY breach happens at all, or she loses her phone, I can go into all her accounts and change passwords and remove anything from them, if one was accessed. (had to do it once already)

Their habits wont change, so think of how you can deal with the worse case scenario easiest.

Excellent ideas. Thanks! I never thought about getting her bit defender but for $100 I can use it too since it can cover 10 devices for that

Excellent ideas. Thanks! I never thought about getting her bit defender but for $100 I can use it too since it can cover 10 devices for that
Ya, I think it is their:

Anti-Theft
Bitdefender Ultimate Security is an all-in-one protection bundle that packs effective anti-loss and anti-theft tools for your Windows laptop or tablet, remotely accessible from anywhere in the world via your Bitdefender Central account.

That lets you disable or lock their device, assuming it is powered on and not wiped offline, you send the command out, and if it is online, boom! done.

Back