Display port KVM that supports 120+ refresh and has 3.5mm audio switching?

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
I keep coming up cold trying to find a KVM that has the following, maybe you can help me.

2 computer switching
Display port
120hz refresh or higher at 1440p
3.5mm audio in and out (some have 3.5 out but no in)

hopefully something that isn't 300+ bucks.

finding them without the audio is easy, i stupidly bought one and forgot about the audio but I need the audio switching.

It's not so convenient, but why not do the audio switchbox separately if you can't find a kvm to do it? Or maybe a mixer in case you want to use audio from both sometimes.

It's not so convenient, but why not do the audio switchbox separately if you can't find a kvm to do it? Or maybe a mixer in case you want to use audio from both sometimes.

I definitely do not want from both and I want to always be sure that the audio is only going to the PC that I need to. I switch between my home PC and a work laptop so I want to be 100% sure that when Im looking at the work monitor that the sound is also for the work PC. I don't even want to forget and get caught :)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How do I use that with my sound card?

You wouldn't. That USB adapter essentially becomes your new soundcard. Set it as default on both computers, and that should do it. You could also disable your existing sound card (on both computers) just to make absolutely sure that it doesn't swap back to it, but that shouldn't be necessary.

This is similar to the setup I use with my KVM. In my case, both computers feed output directly to my external DAC so the output doesn't have to go through the KVM, but I use a USB Webcam as my Microphone, and the USB Webcam is plugged into the KVM. There are no issues with Discord and other apps using my USB Webcam as my Microphone when I switch between computers despite the USB Webcam being connected to the KVM.

Last edited:
How does this solve the issue of my speaker setup using 3.5mm audio jacks? The audio out needs to switch between computers and still then output to the speaker system......

Plug the speaker setup (and your microphone) into the 3.5mm audio jacks on the USB sound adapter. When you switch your KVM, it will switch over along with every other USB device on the KVM.

Back