DDR5 7800 on 13900k + MSI Z690 Unify-X

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
Hello,
I recently purchased a 32GB (2 x 16GB) Teamgroup DDR5 7800 kit but I'm having a really hard time getting stable at XMP. I've lowered to 7600 with no luck. I can boot into windows but I get errors instantly with Prime95 blend.
The best I've gotten so far is 7200 CL32 @ 1.45v.

I've messed with CPU SA (up to 1.4v), VDDQ (up to 1.5), VDD2 (up to 1.55v) but I just can't stabilize. Is there something else I'm missing or a certain combination of these voltages?

Could my CPU or MSI Z690 Unify-X likely the limitation? Or would I require a Z790 board?

Thanks

Last edited:
In for answers. To be honest I would be completely happy with 7200, but I get that you paid for 7800. I have a 6000 kit that I can get up to 6400 at 1.45 xmp but my kit is 64GB.

Hello,
I recently purchased a 32GB (2 x 16GB) Teamgroup DDR5 7800 kit but I'm having a really hard time getting stable at XMP. I've lowered to 7600 with no luck. I can boot into windows but I get errors instantly with Prime95 blend.
The best I've gotten so far is 7200 CL32 @ 1.45v.

I've messed with CPU SA (up to 1.4v), VDDQ (up to 1.5), VDD2 (up to 1.55v) but I just can't stabilize. Is there something else I'm missing or a certain combination of these voltages?

Could my CPU or MSI Z690 Unify-X likely the limitation? Or would I require a Z790 board?

Thanks
You need a really good fan blowing on DDR5 somewhere past 7200. And as far as I know, ~8000 can only realistically be cooled long enough to boot and run cinibench. It will inevitably heat up and start erroring, once you start doing anything for a real length of time. DDR5 is a lot more heat sensitive. Some lower speed sets can even have issues, if they have no thermal pads or thermal tape, inside the their heatspreaders (somewhat common).

You need a really good fan blowing on DDR5 somewhere past 7200. And as far as I know, ~8000 can only realistically be cooled long enough to boot and run cinibench. It will inevitably heat up and start erroring, once you start doing anything for a real length of time. DDR5 is a lot more heat sensitive. Some lower speed sets can even have issues, if they have no thermal pads or thermal tape, inside the their heatspreaders (somewhat common).
I'm not even sure it's temperature related as I can't even get stability loading into windows and doing a quick P95 blend test. Reading through other Forums. I've seen lots of people with luck getting 7600 or 7800 but maybe I just don't have the right voltages or unlucky with my 13900k IMC. IDK

How do you identify Hynix M-die or A-die?

I'm reading the Unify-X is great with M-die and mediocre with A-die.

I'm not even sure it's temperature related as I can't even get stability loading into windows and doing a quick P95 blend test. Reading through other Forums. I've seen lots of people with luck getting 7600 or 7800 but maybe I just don't have the right voltages or unlucky with my 13900k IMC. IDK
Uh huh. and what I'm saying is that you need cooling on the RAM, to even boot and do a quick test. And even with good cooling, you may not be able to use the machine much longer, than that.

Back