Couple questions for you Pro's

DPO

Weaksauce
Hi, I have a few questions about timings on a system i have. It's an A7N8X D 2.0 , w/ a AXP3200 Barton 400 fsb & Corsair XMSPC3200 2X 512. Everything is stock, didnt want to OC this PC as several others use it . Cpu & Memory are in sink @ 400 ( obviously) , my question concerns the timings. This all went together great and runs very stable, no errors in any memory tests, i would just like to know the best/correct timings to go with performance wise. Should i run it at 2-3-3-6 as the memory is rated to run, ( Corsairs site has updated that & for AMD systems it should be 2.5-3-3-6)

When my board detected the ram it set it to 2.5-3-3-8. I've built 3 systems now but memory timings im just learning about. So which is better ? 6? 8? Should i bring the CAS Latency down to 2 from 2.5?

Another question, in CPUZ, it shows the fsb slightly below 400 , like 398 or so, is this the norm? It's set to 200/400 in the bios, but cpuz likes to show it a little lower for some reason...

Sorry to be long winded, just trying to get the most out of this new memory and set it up right...Thanks for any replies!

Corsair is just saying CL2.5 to cover their asses, perhaps there have been a few issues. Now, for your mobo, the best possible timings are 2-2-2-11. Try and see if you can get them to do that on default voltage, if not get the them as low as possible on default voltage and put the last one (sorry, dont remember what its called, the one with the 6), to 11.

Back