Copilot or else! (for OEMs...eventually)

Aaaand as predicted, all that fancy ai hardware will be used to process 24hour/day usage for your profile, on device so they can pretend they're fans of "privacy". The only thing that surprises me here is that microsoft beat google to the punch:

Source: https://www.windowscentral.com/soft...ut-microsofts-upcoming-defining-ai-pc-feature

Company with a demonstrated willingness to put profit margins before user experience integrates the most powerful optimization technology known to man into the os on your device. Whatever could go wrong?
That is horrifying to a degree I've never even heard of before. I wonder if you can bypass this next level telemetry with a third party firewall? Or disable it entirely? Who in the actual flying donkey balls thought anyone would think this is a good idea?

It can be disabled, allegedly. Sounds like MS left themselves plenty of wiggle room on however "much" data they collect when the process is running.
Windows Central said:
I'm told that much of this experience is rendered on-device and does not reach out to the cloud to process information. This is important for privacy reasons, but also for performance reasons. To reduce latency, AI Explorer will rely on NPU silicon to process content that has been recorded. I also understand that users will be able to filter out specific apps from being recorded by the AI Explorer process, or disable AI Explorer entirely.

Back