Case side panel broken twice, how to cover the case now?

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
This is the case:

https://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-TemperedGlass.html

You can see how it shattered down below.

I used this case to put an old system in it. The glass side panel strangely broke when I was installing it. You can see how it shattered down below. I bought a replacement panel but it also broke after the case got hit by one of my kids. There is no way I'm buying a replacement panel again. It will just break again. I just want to get a metal or plastic panel to cover the case and not leave it open as it is now. Are there any places making custom panels somewhere ? What are my options?
940052_IMG_5818.jpeg

Tile bro , avoid ceramics like the plague.

Tile and tempered glass don't mix at all. I know you said it was kids, but both times?

Probably one of the plastics with tint if they're that destructive: plexi, acrylic, poly, etc. Slap some tint on.

Last edited:
Sheet of clear or colored polycarbonate would look good and take a beating. Prolly get your local hardware place to cut it. Or look for local cutting businesses.

This is the case:

https://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-TemperedGlass.html

You can see how it shattered down below.

I used this case to put an old system in it. The glass side panel strangely broke when I was installing it. You can see how it shattered down below. I bought a replacement panel but it also broke after the case got hit by one of my kids. There is no way I'm buying a replacement panel again. It will just break again. I just want to get a metal or plastic panel to cover the case and not leave it open as it is now. Are there any places making custom panels somewhere ? What are my options?
View attachment 633824
I would reach out to Phanteks support and see if they can directly supply you with a standard side panel without a Window.

buy a case without a window... I absolutely hate case windows.. it is the main reason I am still rocking my NZXT H630 case I bought in 2014 as it has no case windows and I love that. It is a mystery to me why these stupid windows are still on just about every case after all this time, I would have thought people would be sick of looking at their cpu coolers by now.

buy a case without a window... I absolutely hate case windows.. it is the main reason I am still rocking my NZXT H630 case I bought in 2014 as it has no case windows and I love that. It is a mystery to me why these stupid windows are still on just about every case after all this time, I would have thought people would be sick of looking at their cpu coolers by now.
No way man. You gotta get a white case and all white components. and they can't actually have too much silver on them, rather than white. And then look at it all the time instead of playing games >_>

If you can't get a solid panel and you get another glass panel, put some window tint on the inside so when it does break again it will mostly stay together in one piece.
I know this first hand when I was installing a spoiler on my 1986 Trans Am and was drilling mounting holes and one of them was going into the hatch glass which weakened it.
I drilled the holes a little lower and was ratcheting on the spoiler when the entire hatch shattered. The window tint held most of the glass together making cleanup much faster as I
just carefully rolled up the hatch glass and tossed it into the trash.

This was the spoiler I was installing,
4thgen_spoiler3.jpg

No pics of the damage but here she is with no rear hatch.
no_hatch.jpg

here she is with a replacement hatch a friend gave me, taking her to the muffler shop to have a y-pipe made and installed.
Was way too loud to drive it with open headers the 20 miles to the shop.
towed.jpg

This is what I used when I wanted to ditch my side glass panel for airflow mesh

2-Pack 500x500mm 19.68inch DIY Computer PC Case and Fans PVC Dustproof Mesh Filter Cover with Magnetic Strip for Computer Chassis Speakers and More https://a.co/d/0ZHS4TQ

If you pull it tight it looks decent and acts as a dust filter at the same time as allowing ventilation and see through. Glass panels choke the rig unless it has very well optimized air flow.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Alternatively, chuck on a wooden panel.

Something fractal design would charge you through the nose for.

The closed panel is sold out, but you can get the windowed panel, which has a plexy glass window and shouldn't break as easily.

https://www.phanteks.store/products/enthoo-pro-replacement-parts?variant=39515153563703
Oh, so the windowed panel can also fit? So they have two panels to close this case. I didn't know this. How do you mount this? Standard screws? I'll go check the case. Maybe I need to remove the hinges used to mount the windowed panel.
Tile bro , avoid ceramics like the plague.

Tile and tempered glass don't mix at all. I know you said it was kids, but both times?

Probably one of the plastics with tint if they're that destructive: plexi, acrylic, poly, etc. Slap some tint on.
The first time it was me actually. Didn't really do anything abnormal, it shattered out of the blue while I was holding it. Thanks.

Oh, so the windowed panel can also fit? So they have two panels to close this case. I didn't know this. How do you mount this? Standard screws? I'll go check the case. Maybe I need to remove the hinges used to mount the windowed panel.

The first time it was me actually. Didn't really do anything abnormal, it shattered out of the blue while I was holding it. Thanks.
Yeah, probably have to remove hinges. Theres a different power button board too, so check to see if that may be an issue. I'm sure someone's tried it before, there should be a post somewhere on the net about it.

I would reach out to Phanteks support and see if they can directly supply you with a standard side panel without a Window.
Sounds good. I'll email them. Thanks.
This is what I used when I wanted to ditch my side glass panel for airflow mesh

2-Pack 500x500mm 19.68inch DIY Computer PC Case and Fans PVC Dustproof Mesh Filter Cover with Magnetic Strip for Computer Chassis Speakers and More https://a.co/d/0ZHS4TQ

If you pull it tight it looks decent and acts as a dust filter at the same time as allowing ventilation and see through. Glass panels choke the rig unless it has very well optimized air flow.
This idea is cool. So you can buy different sizes? Or buy a larger mesh and cut it yourself?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sounds good. I'll email them. Thanks.

This idea is cool. So you can buy different sizes? Or buy a larger mesh and cut it yourself?
You can cut it to whatever size you wish. It's larger than most side panels. I've done it before with good results. You just need to pull it tight and it looks smooooth. It comes with double sided tape. Just make sure you clean the inside of the panel before you stick the double sided tape so it can stick better. I even double reinforced it with more heavy duty silver tape that is VERY sticky and it doesn't budge. It adds a TON of ventilation while being see through.

Back