Boomer iWatch Question

rehab

Gawd
Ive searched this and read about but the setup confuses me so I was looking for some clarity. My young daughters have Gizmo watches through Verizon, they are handy, I primarily have them for txt and GPS. They are needing an upgrade though. At age 10, im not ready for a phone for them but was considering a Apple watch with a mobile plan.
Is it possible to use an Apple watch with no phone beyond setup? If anyone has operated in this way, interested in your thoughts. Thank you - a middle aged android & windows user :/

Ive searched this and read about but the setup confuses me so I was looking for some clarity. My young daughters have Gizmo watches through Verizon, they are handy, I primarily have them for txt and GPS. They are needing an upgrade though. At age 10, im not ready for a phone for them but was considering a Apple watch with a mobile plan.
Is it possible to use an Apple watch with no phone beyond setup? If anyone has operated in this way, interested in your thoughts. Thank you - a middle aged android & windows user :/
There's a Family Setup feature that lets you configure cellular Apple Watches for kids. You need a host iPhone (one of the parents'), an Apple ID for each person and cellular plans for the watches. You can limit the features your daughters can use, and even set up a "Schooltime" mode that further restricts apps and notifications until class is over.

If I were in your position, I'd get the Apple Watch SE (2022 if you can, but 2020 is still fine if you buy new or refurb). It covers the fundamentals very well without a ton of features your kids won't use. And if you need an iPhone... unless you're demanding, the iPhone 13 is plenty.

Reactions: rehab
like this
Back