BIOS question on Gigabyte z390 Master...

Goose

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I'm updating the BIOS to F11n which includes Resize Bar Support for the Gigabyte z390 Master. The question is, at the end of selecting the BIOS file I'd like (F11n), I get a choice:

Descriptor

INTEL ME

FAST or INTACT

Which do I choose? I'm not looking to brick the system obviously.

Thanks!

Intact includes updating the Intel ME (management engine) firmware. Prior to doing the flash, I would just recommend running the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to make sure all drivers are updated first. This is probably not necessary but just to be 100% safe.

Fast skips updating the Intel ME firmware. I would personally do the intact option.

Reactions: Goose
like this
Intact includes updating the Intel ME (management engine) firmware. Prior to doing the flash, I would just recommend running the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to make sure all drivers are updated first. This is probably not necessary but just to be 100% safe.

Fast skips updating the Intel ME firmware. I would personally do the intact option.

Hi,

Thanks for that. I installed the Intel Driver and Support Assistant program and ran it. It only came back with some wifi drivers out of date. I'll try the Intact option.

BIOS update to F11n successful. I did use the Intact method as well as Disabling CSM Support, Enabling Above 4G Decoding and Resize Bar Support set to Auto. I am aware that Resizable Bar doesn't work on GTX 1070's, this is for future use without the 1070.

Last edited:
Back