BIOS BEEP: 1 Long, 3 Short DDR 5 (new B650 Aorus Build)

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Recently I put this new Ryzen 7800X3D with 32GB of DDR5 (Corsair Vengeance RGB) (see my signature), and *sporadically* when I turn the system on, I hear a long, followed by 3 short beeps, but then the system boots into Windows 11 normally with no issues. My PC is connected to my Sony 55" TV, so during the initial post I usually don't see anything on the screen. (by the time I press the INPUT on TV remote)

Is this normal?

Currently I have inserted them in this fashion:

module 1 in slot A2, and module 2 in slot B2 (according to the manual)

Should I try re-seating or alternating the memory modules? (that is, inserting them in A1, and B1 instead?)

Thanks for letting me know!

One long beep followed by three short beeps tells you that the graphics card hasn’t been installed or there is insufficient memory.

Tough to say what that issue is. I would start with making sure BIOS is updated to the latest. It wouldn't hurt to re-situate the RAM or swap the positioning, but realistically I think this is an incredibly slim chance of this fixing it.

Otherwise it could be a memory training issue that only happens occasionally. Or perhaps it will only happen when connected to a TV. Maybe if it's connected to a typical monitor this would never happen.

One long beep followed by three short beeps tells you that the graphics card hasn’t been installed or there is insufficient memory.

Tough to say what that issue is. I would start with making sure BIOS is updated to the latest. It wouldn't hurt to re-situate the RAM or swap the positioning, but realistically I think this is an incredibly slim chance of this fixing it.

Otherwise it could be a memory training issue that only happens occasionally. Or perhaps it will only happen when connected to a TV. Maybe if it's connected to a typical monitor this would never happen.
Exactly right, when connected to a real monitor, I never had this issue.

Recently I put this new Ryzen 7800X3D with 32GB of DDR5 (Corsair Vengeance RGB) (see my signature), and *sporadically* when I turn the system on, I hear a long, followed by 3 short beeps, but then the system boots into Windows 11 normally with no issues. My PC is connected to my Sony 55" TV, so during the initial post I usually don't see anything on the screen. (by the time I press the INPUT on TV remote)

Is this normal?

Currently I have inserted them in this fashion:

module 1 in slot A2, and module 2 in slot B2 (according to the manual)

Should I try re-seating or alternating the memory modules? (that is, inserting them in A1, and B1 instead?)

Thanks for letting me know!

Same Issue here, Win 11...Upgraded my Processor to Ryzen5950X and 64GB Ram, and get the same long beep followed by 3 short beeps....

Wow, you as well? I know for a fact that it’s not my GPU, as I recently upgraded it to an RTX 4090, and I get the same beeps.

1) Could it be the Ryzen’s training these DDRs?

2) Which slots did you install these Dimms, A1, B1, or A2, B2?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Found something here:

08-02-2023 08:05 PM

Gigabyte Beep codes ( 1 long beep and 3 short beeps) indicates that you are having a GPU card or connection issue.
Make sure you have the proper PCIe PSU to GPU power cable connected firmly on the GPU card.
Install the GPU card in a different PCIe x 16 slot.
In BIOS Settings try enabling PCIe 4.0 for your GPU slot and see if that works. If not try enabling PCIe 3.0 on the same slot and see if it boots up.
Do a CLEAR CMOS to set your BIOS Settings back to default status in case it is a BIOS Setting that you changed causing the issue.
Install your GPU card in a different PC and see if you get the same error. If you do then you might have a defective GPU card. If you don't have another PC to test your GPU card (Family or Friends) see if a local Computer shop can test it for you.
Could also be a defective Motherboard so I would open a Gigabyte Support Warrant Ticket to see if they believe your Mobo needs to be RMAed to be checked or repaired or replaced.
Same for AMD Support Warranty from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form
EDIT: As mentioned by @Vktr before reseating the GPU card get a soft erasure and gently rub it over the golden GPU contacts and wipe clean with a clean cloth in case it is a dirty contact on the GPU card.

Source:
https://community.amd.com/t5/graphi...-t-post-1-long-beep-3-short-beeps/td-p/622256

sounds like its trying to tell you to turn on the tv and set the input before powering up the pc

sounds like its trying to tell you to turn on the tv and set the input before powering up the pc
Well, as a matter of fact, an hour ago, I *intentionally* turn the PC on, without having the Sony TV on, and I did *not* get any beeps.
As I mentioned it sporadically happens.

I think I have had that issue too...

If it is the same as what plagued me, try booting without xmp. Then, if that is good, try re-enabling xmp. Then go into the advanced memory settings. I didn't change anything, but just went in there and then saved bios.

I dunno....it is weird.

Back