Asus Zenbook 14 locked out

Nasty_Savage

Fully [H]
Long story short, brother bought this thing on sale and apparently rolled his face over the keyboard during setup. He used a private email and can’t get a bit locker recovery key. I tried to do a factory restore with a USB dongle, but even though i got a link light it doesn’t work. Anyone know of a trick to factory reset the Zenbook 14? I heard it may beed a proprietary ethernet dongle but i don’t know for certain. I would think if i got a link light it should work, unless bitlocker is prevting it some how.

Windows 11. Thanks in advance

fire it up and power it off a couple time during windows loading, that should invoke the advanced startup and you can probably do a restore from within there. if he doesnt have the bitlocker code or access to the email hes sol for the data.

fire it up and power it off a couple time during windows loading, that should invoke the advanced startup and you can probably do a restore from within there. if he doesnt have the bitlocker code or access to the email hes sol for the data.
Yeah that didn’t seem to work. It goes directly into bitlocker recovery. And there seems to be no device restore on the drive to just fully erase it

Yeah that didn’t seem to work. It goes directly into bitlocker recovery. And there seems to be no device restore on the drive to just fully erase it
tried booting off an windows install usb? it should at least give you the option to delete and start over....

So you can't boot to a Win11 USB and SHIFT+F10 and then go to diskpart to find partition and format? There should eb the option to "skip this drive" when it asks about recover key after SHIFT+F10

So you can't boot to a Win11 USB and SHIFT+F10 and then go to diskpart to find partition and format? There should eb the option to "skip this drive" when it asks about recover key after SHIFT+F10
I suppose i can try that, but i am not buying him a license for Windows and of course he trashed the box already so i don’t have a serial or anything.

I suppose i can try that, but i am not buying him a license for Windows and of course he trashed the box already so i don’t have a serial or anything.

If you get it to work and for some reason need a key, just use massgrave.dev to get it up and running for him.

the key should be in the uefi and should auto-activate. if not, leave it in demo mode and make him buy a key to feed it.

Back