Arima Quad Socket F

confusis

Weaksauce
Just scored this motherboard, same as here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arima-Quad-...EN_Servers&hash=item19bf6abd98#ht_8225wt_1114, but I got a bare board and compatible PSU for a steal (NZ$20). Does anyone have a manual for this board? Arima/rioworks site is well.. broken! I can't even figure out a coherent model code for the thing.

I know it can run 4x 8300 series Opterons (k10 era quad cores) and uses DDR2 ECC REG. I believe I have a new one, not ex-google like most of the blue silk-screened ones are.

I'd just like to find the pinouts and locations of various useful headers (front panel, USB, etc)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Try sending a PM to 404 - file not found, he used to have one of these boards but i haven't seen him post for a few weeks now

Will do. I found a good bunch on a different forum to get info off and have started my own manual for it.

Yeah that ebay one has crazy shipping but as I said I got mine for NZ$20! (no shipping as I picked it up)

lol, $85 shipping? really? nice board..

Yeah, that is pretty pricey but I think it's in line with anything shipped from Hong Kong to the States. Many sellers do overprice on shipping though either to a) make an extra profit on the item OR b) compensate on shipping costs if they don't have an exact weight.

Other than dimensions and weight of the item being shipped, it really depends on shipping carrier. Having shipped from US to Hong Kong and other countries on eBay, FedEx, to me, tends to be most expensive then UPS next and USPS the cheapest. For example, sending a 6 to 7 lb. item to Peru from Fedex is around $400 USD while $47 Flat Rate international via USPS. :eek:

If they used EMS as the shipping carrier and shipped from Hong Kong, we're looking at anywhere between $72 to $225 USD if the entire thing weighed 8 kg., or 17 lbs. approximately. FedEx would have been a lot more than this.

============================================

Back on topic, very, very nice board. :D I rarely lurk around here but I am impressed by a lot of the builds here and in the Virtualized Computing and Data Storage forums. I am looking forward to seeing you set this thing up.

I have one of these boards. Mine is one of the blue google boards. Let me know if you have any questions.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1671200

The thread on XS is really full of info. Pretty much anything you need to know is there.
The biggest issue i had was getting heatsinks to fit on the 2 closest sockets. My final solution is less then elegant.

Last edited:
Back