Apple Most Preferred Smartphone Brand In US

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I think everyone could have already guessed that, but this new report also suggests that rapid growth in the smartphone market is over.

Smartphone penetration has hit 65 percent in the U.S., 74 percent in the “EU5” (U.K., Spain, Germany, France, and Italy) and 72 percent in urban China, according to Kantar Worldpanel ComTech. In 2016, there will be two main factors that will drive even further adoption: stubborn feature-phone owners finally giving in to buying a smartphone and convincing current smartphone owners that they need the latest generation of handheld technology, according to Carolina Milanesi, chief of research at Kantar Worldpanel ComTech.

I thought BlackBerry would have taken top place???

In all seriousness though I can say that while iOS isn't bad the hardware and design of their devices leave a lot to be desired. Even my LG G2 is better designed and has more features.

most preferred is way different than "best phone" - there's an image apple has built around it, luxury/class/ or just the simple idea "ohh he has an 800 dollar iphone, he must be important" It's the same crap that nike does with their air jordans, starbucks does with their coffee, and louis vatton does with their bags.

in reality it's a common phone for a common person. Nothing wrong with that at the core, some people just want their shit to work without having to think or understand *how* it works . Not going to fault them for that. My daily driver, (2012 kia) I don't give a shit what's going on as long as it reliably gets me from A to B) It's not a porsche or BMW, and I don't go around acting like it ever will be either.

In all seriousness though I can say that while iOS isn't bad the hardware and design of their devices leave a lot to be desired. Even my LG G2 is better designed and has more features.

From any measurable perspective, the hardware is top notch at every release.

From a user experience perspective, that is highly subjective. You may want to run a small server farm from your phone, but for many people they just want basic capabilities (communication and multimedia content). And they want it to do those specific things without much fuss.

Maybe you are referring to the screen size specifically....but Apples sales have shown that more people do not want the biggest phone possible. And the fact they are entertaining the idea of the 5SE shows there is a market for smaller screens (4" screen).

MOST preferred....til they cave and release FBiOS and it gets in the wild....lolz

Dont mind me, I am just an apple hater.

I love the security and flexibility of a daily android release.

most preferred is way different than "best phone" - there's an image apple has built around it, luxury/class/ or just the simple idea "ohh he has an 800 dollar iphone, he must be important" It's the same crap that nike does with their air jordans, starbucks does with their coffee, and louis vatton does with their bags.

They managed to make the iPhone a fashion statement, and they are still coasting on it's trendiness.
At one time it was the "in" thing to have a Blackberry, but once they fell from favor their market share dropped like a rock.
The iPhone does not have the same level of "trendiness" it used to have, and most people I know with an iPhone mainly bought one because that's what they had before and don't want to learn how to use a different one.

iPhones are simple and limited (unless you stay in the expensive apple world).
That's fine for some people, but I prefer something cheaper, something I can add my own SD card to, something with a swappable battery, and something that is more open to work with other products.

I thought BlackBerry would have taken top place???

I like iOS myself, and iPhone hardware is top drawer, but when you lock away the battery and you don't support more storage, I'm not buying your stuff.

There are more and more phones like that, sadly, my pickings keep dwindling.

I like iOS myself, and iPhone hardware is top drawer, but when you lock away the battery and you don't support more storage, I'm not buying your stuff.

There are more and more phones like that, sadly, my pickings keep dwindling.

I'm not saying their hardware is shit but they're ALWAYS behind the curve. 1080p finally with the iPhone SIX and 4K video finally with the 6S. Their GPU's are nice but other than that there's nothing special about their phones at all. Like, at all.

Back