any software better than DVD Identifier 5.2 that can read what country makes the disc?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
On this old software (see encl. screen capture), all it says is:
Manufacturer name, manufacturer ID, media type ID

I need a software that can tell what country the disc is from. I remember we talk about this many years ago, and there is a way to tell what country it is from

anyone knows?

Attachments

• scan.JPG
    scan.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 0
you mean w/ a magnifier glass to read the tiny print

I know 49 is Japan. But tiny print on the disc seems to be UPC code

the case is gone. What am I be expecting from reading those small no.? There is a lot of no., about 8 to 12 dights

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Disc_Identification/Serialization_Data

These two codes are located in the inner ring from any optical disc (outside the data section) and can be used to trace the location from a manufacturing or mastering plant, where the disc got pressed.

I found what I am looking for from the above link. But when I look at the actual disc, I can't seems to find the above information on the disc itself. How strong of a magnifying glass does a person need on this

after almost 1 yr., I am still digging for a DVD identifier replacement. Surely there has to be some software that can read the spec. of a blu-ray disc, like the first photo I upload. I did some google search, but I think I am keying in the wrong phrase

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Disc_Identification/Serialization_Data

I found what I am looking for from the above link. But when I look at the actual disc, I can't seems to find the above information on the disc itself. How strong of a magnifying glass does a person need on this
Shouldn't need to be too powerful, anywhere between 3x and 6x should be fine (assuming your vision isn't terrible or you have corrective lenses that actually help). That said, you may have to angle the disc a certain way to read the mark, and the location varies (if its on the disc at all).

As far as software, I have no idea. Does it not say if you open the drive properties with the disc inserted? I think some DVD software will tell you if it's the wrong region, dunno if they tell which region it is though.

after almost 1 yr., I am still digging for a DVD identifier replacement. Surely there has to be some software that can read the spec. of a blu-ray disc, like the first photo I upload. I did some google search, but I think I am keying in the wrong phrase
What do you want the country/region info for?

Have you tried DVDecrypter? It should tell you the region. and you can use it to rip the raw DVD folders, to your hard drive, while stripping the region and making it univesal. You can then put the folders directly into a burning probram, to author a perfect DVD.

Have you tried MakeMKV? it should tell you the region. And, you can use it to rip the disc to your hard drive as an .mkv video, and it will strip the region so its universal.

have you tried anything? there are several free ones that do this, for whatever your reason is....

I would think after a year you would have at least spent $10 on an eye loupe or taken a macro photo with your phone.

Region code Area
0 / ALL Worldwide. These discs have all region-1-through-8 flags set, allowing the discs to be played in all regions.
1 United States (incl. Puerto Rico), Canada, and Bermuda
2 Europe (except Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and CIS), Greenland, British Overseas Territories, Overseas France, Turkey, Middle East, Egypt, Tunisia, Eswatini, Lesotho, South Africa, and Japan
3 Southeast Asia, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau
4 Latin America (except French Guiana and Puerto Rico), Caribbean (except French West Indies), and Oceania (except French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna, and Hawaii)
5 Africa (except Egypt, Lesotho, Eswatini, South Africa, Mayotte and Réunion), Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Central Asia, South Asia, Mongolia, and North Korea
6 Mainland China
7 MPAA-related DVDs and "media copies" of pre-releases in Asia
8 International venues such as aircraft, cruise ships, and spacecraft

I would think after a year you would have at least spent $10 on an eye loupe or taken a macro photo with your phone.

Region code Area
0 / ALL Worldwide. These discs have all region-1-through-8 flags set, allowing the discs to be played in all regions.
1 United States (incl. Puerto Rico), Canada, and Bermuda
2 Europe (except Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and CIS), Greenland, British Overseas Territories, Overseas France, Turkey, Middle East, Egypt, Tunisia, Eswatini, Lesotho, South Africa, and Japan
3 Southeast Asia, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau
4 Latin America (except French Guiana and Puerto Rico), Caribbean (except French West Indies), and Oceania (except French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna, and Hawaii)
5 Africa (except Egypt, Lesotho, Eswatini, South Africa, Mayotte and Réunion), Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Central Asia, South Asia, Mongolia, and North Korea
6 Mainland China
7 MPAA-related DVDs and "media copies" of pre-releases in Asia
8 International venues such as aircraft, cruise ships, and spacecraft
the hand holding stopped so the "effort" stopped....

What do you want the country/region info for?

Have you tried DVDecrypter? It should tell you the region. and you can use it to rip the raw DVD folders, to your hard drive, while stripping the region and making it univesal. You can then put the folders directly into a burning probram, to author a perfect DVD.

Have you tried MakeMKV? it should tell you the region. And, you can use it to rip the disc to your hard drive as an .mkv video, and it will strip the region so its universal.
Someone is selling some blu-ray w/ an open case. I need to confirm what he sells IS what's on the open box. Since it's no longer sealed, what's inside could be totally different than the paper label dangling at the side of the box. I need to know what country the disc is made. The label does say the country of origin, but since it's an open box, he could have switch it

BluRay region codes are different and they are much more universal than DVD. And until you get a disc that wont play, this seems like a huge waste of time (yours and ours).

• Region A: North America, South America, U.S. Territories, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia.
  • Region B: Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand.
  • Region C: Asia (except for Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia)

Back