AMD Fluid Motion Frames Preview driver

Just for the record AFMF was not the culprit for bans in games like CS2, it was the AntiLag + feature. The statement is misleading.

Last edited:
Just for the record AFMF was not the culprit for bans in games like CS2, it was the AntiLag + feature. The statement is misleading.
it was a joke about that driver, never said it was because of the afmf. so relax...

it was a joke about that driver, never said it was because of the afmf. so relax...

Relaxed as it gets, The statement was misleading as you read the thread title and the statement, being as there is not context as to what caused the bans in the first place. You are correct as to there being no bans as anti lag+ was removed from this driver version.

I however during testing have noticed that this version requires more gpu voltage to stay stable with my current overclocks.

I am not sold on the FMF portion of the driver as the lag that is introduced with frame generation is almost unbearable. The average Frame gen lag that is inserted into the pipeline is north of 25MS in my experience on top the the "regular" rendering lag which averages 2-7MS. So a total of 27-32MS of rendering lag. It makes High speed games feel spongy.

Last edited:
The statement was misleading as you read the thread title and the statement, being as there is not context as to what caused the bans in the first place.
I however during testing I have noticed that this version requires more gpu voltage to stay stable with my current overclocks.
its ok if you dont get it...
yeah, that happens. shouldnt be a prob with "Custom Liquid Cooling"

its ok if you dont get it...
yeah, that happens. shouldnt be a prob with "Custom Liquid Cooling"
Nope the increase in voltage is not an issue with "Custom Liquid Cooling" ;) Especially with 6C Delta to Ambient. ;) However with the way that RDNA3 clocks based on undervoltage settings the driver does hurt overall performance based on the fact that it hits power limits of the card sooner with the higher voltage applied. Hence lower clock speeds and lower FPS:D

IMO This driver seems like a downgrade

Back