3080ti to 7900xtx

Solhokuten

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm on Windows 11 currently running a 3080ti. I've decided to purchase a 7900xtx and I'm wondering what's the common wisdom on going from nvidia to amd? Can I simply uninstall the nvidia drivers then install the amd card, or do I need to use some third party tool for driver cleanup?

I'm on Windows 11 currently running a 3080ti. I've decided to purchase a 7900xtx and I'm wondering what's the common wisdom on going from nvidia to amd? Can I simply uninstall the nvidia drivers then install the amd card, or do I need to use some third party tool for driver cleanup?
I've never done any of the DDU cleanup stuff, but others swear by it. I would uninstall the Nvidia drivers and move on.

Does it have the new display port spec for uncompressed 240 4k? That would be only reason if you ask me. Not sure about the drivers though lol

Modern day Windows is pretty good about uninstalls now. I just run the driver uninstall program and install the new GPU if changing brands. Install new drivers. Done.

Back