1.1 compact bluethoothspeaker 40hz - Cnc - Walnut

al_bundy

n00b
Hi,

i would show my bluetoothspeakerproject for the philippines. The target was 40hz and a small case with a nice finish. Bcoz from germany to the Philippines the weights of the box is limited of 20kilo.

I bought the CT 298. The CT 298 is a vented box with a 3” woofer and a ribbonspeaker (Gradient CR080 Dayton Adio AMT Mini). I combined this box with an 3” Subwoofer from Tangband. It is the W3-1867S. My plan was 1,2litre vented case for the subwoofer. But the port was to long :-( This is why I used a 4” passiveradiator. Acoustic Design ND105-PR 4. And special greetings to Tangband to send me the Subwoofer.

As amplifier i used a chinamodul with 50w each channel. I need to flatten the frequency response. This is why I decide to use an DSP. I used a modul of Hs-Sound. TinySine TSA1701 DSP 2x4. The battery was build from a friend with 12 pieces of 18650 batteries. Btw. thank u to HS- Sound to support me of the DSP modul.

I build the case with 10mm MDF and Wallnut. Special thanks to Desingholz to support me with walnutboards. Usually I would use also black leather, but no chance with this design. I will open a topic later about an Omnes Audio SW5.01 with black leather, or the Mimir with white leather and 20mm black high gloss acrylic glass, but no time actually :-(

The project was simulationen by winISD. The result is 41,5hz @ -3db and 37hz @ 8db. The result is pretty good for an 3” Subwoofer with around 1 litre.

finalfinal.jpg

r%C3%BCckseite.jpg

elektronik.jpg

gradient.jpg

dayton.jpg

tangband.jpg

pm.jpg

dsp.jpg

amp.jpg

17.jpg

winisd.jpg

Ok, lets start to build the speaker :) 10mm MDF and 40mm walnut.
mdf.jpg

nussbaum.jpg

The first of all i have to treat the walnut in a usable shape.
sp%C3%A4ne.jpg

zuschnitte.jpg

Then i startet to mill the top. But i failed. My vacuumpump was broken :-(
fail.jpg

After the fail i milled the sideparts. But i made a mistake. The cnc programm got a wrong code.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

But happily i solved the problem without any big problems. If u dont know that there was a problem, u would not see it.
4.jpg

The next step is to milling the baseplate
5.jpg

6.jpg

The handle and the battery compartment:
7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Milling a pocket for the amplifier
15.jpg

16.jpg

No pix how to mill the mdf parts :-( But i start to use glue :)
19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

And almost finish :)
23.jpg

24.jpg

25.png

26.jpg

And a small video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdzbhUeE80&t=2s

And a second video with black screews. Project is finish and works fine. Well done :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GpwIG-kaMw&t=19s

Sounddescription:
The sound modulation was not that easy with the DSP the excursion of the passiveradiator is very limitted -> ~9mm.
And the trick was that i dont get an frequencyhole from 50-70hz. Crossoverfreuqency from woofer to subwoofer. Buter after a couple of hours i found the right setting for a nice sound.
Without DSP it would sound board. The DSP really makes the difference of a nice sound.

After i found the settings i listen several hours of my favourite tracks and musicgenre. The voices of Tina Turner by Golden Eye sounds really nice. Almost like a fullrangespeaker. Then i listen a litle bit of drum'n bass. Goldie - Timeless with nice basslines. Also nice. Deep and powerfull basslines like i love it :) Also deep House is very nice with the 4/4 bassdrums. And last but not least Lindsay Sterling with her epic violine and dubsteptracks. Even the violine sounds plastic and real. It is a fantastic small speaker with a lot of power and u can listen every kind of music in high quality. Ok, i miss ultra low bass but noone can expect this with an 3 inch speaker. Even the level is not that big. Big party is impossible, but for a small room ~ 20m² u will be have a lot of fun with it.

I hope u bear my bad english and had fun to check this project. Rebuilds r welcome :)
Thank u and best regards Marc

The next project is also a bluetoothspeaker. But a litle bit bigger. 5" Woofer 2 5" passiveradiators and a 4" Coax. Also with DSP but i will use sapelli( mahagony) and not walnut. Walnut is too expensive. Everything for this project is in stock already. But no time to build :-(
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

Attachments

• finalfinal.jpg
    finalfinal.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1
I like the results ... cool project, makes me wanna build something .. however I live in a condo and have zero (near about) woodworking skills... but yeah. nice project very neat.

Neat. I like how it turned out.

I'd love a few solid, wide walnut planks for my own stuff.

Wow that is really sweet looking! Thank you for sharing the progress!!

Mukhang maganda hepe!
That is excellent craftsmanship. I love the size/sound response from those speakers and the woodwork is amazing.
I lived in Barrio Baretto P.I. for a while and was amazed at the woodcraft that came out of there.

Welcome to the [H]Forum by the way.

Back