Chaintech S1689 Setup,Manual SUCKS

freshmtb

Gawd
I just got a Chaintech S1689 and I'm currently trying to set it up but unfortunately the manual is worthless.There is nothing about where to put the power switch connector or reset,HD light.It has numbers for where the connectors go silkscreened on the board,but there are no numbers where the pins are.To make matters worse,there is a black jumper on two of the pins.I'm quite baffled by all this.You think they would want you to be able to setup the board instead of RMAing it. :confused: :mad: :(

Sometimes the downloadable manual is more in depth than the one they give you in the box. This is true of DFI especially.

kirbyrj said:
Sometimes the downloadable manual is more in depth than the one they give you in the box. This is true of DFI especially.

I google searched before I came in here and it's the same as the actual manual.I used trial and error to figure-out the connections,took a little while but managed O.K.Funny thing about this board though,You can only use memory in slot 1 and 2 even though there are 4 slots.The manual says due to the cpu configuration,memory cannot be used in slots 1 and 3,or slots 1,2 and 3,or slots 1,2,3and 4.I guess for 29.00 delivered you have to make some concessions.I managed to get what looks like a full retail box,nothing was opened or used looking.Chiefvalue refurb no less.Maybe they're just trying to get rid of their stock of these boards. :D

Back