Club OpterOWN 144-146 (CABNE) Unite!

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi All,
I was wondering if we owners of OpterOWN 144, 146, 148 (CANBE batch only please!:D) could get together and post our serial no., OC results, superPI 32m shots, pictures and get to know each other a bit more!

I have received mine the other day from THE source and I am a happy camper! I will post pictures and such shortly.

I know (cf)Eclipse and asianguy80 among them so come on and say hello! ;)

==============================
*(cf)Eclipse: 144 batch no. 124
*robberbaron: 144, batch no. 172

*(cf)Eclipse: 146 batch no. 001 (soon to be received! :cool: )
*asianguy80:146, batch no. 027
*el rolio: 146, batch no. 120
*Cannibal Corpse: 146 batch no. 121
*Ghent915: 146 batch no. ?
*computerpro3: ?

*Stereophile: 148 batch no. 124

Don't know if I count or not...BUT
My CABNE Opteron 146 is on the way (Shipped Thurs) from probably the same source as yours. I'll post photos/specs when I get it.
-Ghent

It's a 121 batch number:
Opteron939.jpg

Here are more picutres:
http://www.clogix.net/pix/
The green packaging was a bit torn when I opened it, I am hoping the fan is not damaged. What do you think?

mine is 124.. doesn't fare all that well though

1_38.jpg

1_50.png

slightly chilled water, 30c load temps

i have a 146 with 001 batch number on the way though. it'll be fun :D

The components that I need to get in order to complete my gaming rig:

DFI nF4 SLI-DR "Expert"
2GB Crucial Ballistix
Enermax "Liberty" 620W PSU
BFGTech GeForce 7800 GTX

Did you managed to take a look at the pictures? Should I be worried? :confused:
The actual CPU and its pins seem perfect though. ;)

well before my asus a8n crapped out, 2.94ghz on stock voltage and Zalman CNPS 7700CU, but NO amount of voltage helped get ANYTHING over that stable. Not 1mhz. THink its motherboard/Ram issue.

So I'm going BACK to the DFI despite the fact I said I never would again, but I do have my modified chily mach 1 being repaired right now, and I have a thermalright xp120 and a panaflo 120mm on the way, so I will be seriously pissed if I dont get at least 3ghz on air and 3.4ghz on phase change 24/7. Why the hell cant asus just put higher vcore and more memory options? Is it really that hard? The last 2 DFI boards I've experienced were the biggest pieces of crap I've ever used in my life, but I simply need the voltage.

cannibal, do you plan on editing your first post with the members and what cpu they have? ;)

hahaha.. well i do plan on selling it soon, but there will be a fs/ft thread when that happens. talking about sales in the general forums is a no-no ;)

lol alright. I won't speak anymore about that. What's the max you've got out of that thing so far?

well hopefully i get mine in the mail today, i'll be coming back to edit this post with the batch number and a pic !

oh and OP, the pics are very nice, enhanced by a very nice french manicure

opterownage.jpg

mine is batch #120....will post a pretty pic of the cpu later

Wow! We are officially "Club OpterOWN!" :cool:

Now I have to announce my membership to Club 2405 in the Displays forum (it's on its way, can't believe my dream gaming system is coming together, with my wife's blessing of course! (she ordered it for me! :cool: :D :eek: )

oh and OP, the pics are very nice, enhanced by a very nice french manicure

Thanks, she is an avid gamer, PC lover better half!

Cannibal Corpse said:
Is it a 144 or 146? :)

Now, was yours had the green Styrofoam kind of torn? Mine had some green particles inside the box and when I opened it is was broken in half:

http://www.clogix.net/pix/Picture 056.jpg
http://www.clogix.net/pix/Picture 057.jpg

The CPU is find though.

yep, mie was torn in one corner too just like that and when i took the packaging out.. i dumped a few shards of the green stuff then put things back in the box. i was just checkin for te authenticity cert + sticker. oh and my box was SEALED. i expect no probs at all

oh yeah.. cannibal, another thought.. ask for max superPI 32m shots, and the cooling. link to them from the first post along with the id :D

Can I join if my CABYE overclocks well enough?

Sure thing! So I see you've got your Opty from the "other" source, eh? ;) Now is it a 144 or 146? This thread is getting better and better! :) Join the club! :cool:

Cannibal Corpse said:
Sure thing! So I see you've got your Opty from the "other" source, eh? ;) Join the club! :cool:

I have a preorder in at TankGuys for a CABNE or CABYE of the next shipment :)

i have a 146 with 001 batch number on the way though. it'll be fun

I was under the impression that the sillicon would get better in yield around the middle of the wafer, hence HIGHER batch numbers! :D :cool: (just kidding!)

Cannibal Corpse said:
I was under the impression that the sillicon would get better in yield around the middle of the wafer, hence HIGHER batch numbers! :D :cool: (just kidding!)
sorta. remember that it's APMW.. meaning it's a mixed batch on monday. basically select chips from the CABNE silicon run on monday of week 30 :D

(cf)Eclipse said:
sorta. remember that it's APMW.. meaning it's a mixed batch on monday. basically select chips from the CABNE silicon run on monday of week 30 :D

ha, so from my numbers, what can you tell me aboutt my chip, miss cleo? (this is computer palm reading yay)

el rolio said:
ha, so from my numbers, what can you tell me aboutt my chip, miss cleo? (this is computer palm reading yay)
you have a CABNE 0530APMW too, right? same thing as all the others, just tested 120th out of some number of cpu's :D

Yay ! I just joined the club. I have a retail opteron 148 guaranteed CABNE stepping on the way from compumusic !!!! :D

edit: And I blew my whole cpu/mb budget so I'll have to wait until November to buy a motherboard.

Welcome to the club! ;) (now, I guess I should change the heading to 144, 46 AND 148 :D)

What is the stock speed on 148? Do they overclock as well as 144, 146 do?

I believe stock speed on a 148 is 2.2 ghz.
I assume they oc as well as the 144, 146 if it's the same CABNE stepping. Probably came off the same wafer. It better do good for what I paid for it. !!! :p

yeah, 148 = 2.2ghz

also.. i updated the revE oc database. you guys with opterons better get your max stable's posted asap :D

got a 148 on the way, be here Friday. don't know anything more about it than that. Will update though ;)

I've got a CABNE 034 that should be showing up on my doorstep any day now... :)
My only issue is, I don't know which way to go for cooling. I bought me a Big Typhoon, but it don't freakin fit in my QPack! (I'm running the biostar TForce) and I believe the Si and XP-120's will be too tall just like the BT.
How do yall think an XP-90 will do?

Back