MSI K7N2GM-V Burnt help.

pwnx

n00b
I had a question for you guys. What should I do about this motherboard that I have. It seems the capacitor burnt itself and melted part of the usb cable and connector. Is there anything I can do besides RMA (maybe get a refund?) because I don't want this to happen again. This leads me to another question. Can anyone else suggest a better micro-atx board?

Your best choice is to RMA. Not sure what they are going to do with it because the board is probably out of warranty, but I'm not sure that the kind of damage done is fixable by just swapping out the capacitor.

I have no idea about mATX Socket A boards :). I think there's an Abit NF7-M or something that is mATX. But I would only look at that because of the greatness of the NF7-S ;).

Ahh, what sucks is it messed up part of my case too. Filled the place with a burning plastic smell. Now it's out of commission till I can research a better mATX board.

Just a followup question. Does anyone know if MSI will pay for a new case? It seems the capcitor not only charred my case but fused the case's usb cable onto the motherboard itself. The capacitor was so brittle that just by taking the motherboard out of the case, the capacitor broke off.

Back