WTT: TI-89 for TI-83

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearxor

Limp Gawd
I have a TI-89 that I was letting my wife use, but it will not work for her usage. I need a TI-83 quick fast and in a hurry. Wanting to do a straight-up trade. The TI-89 is in good condition and was lightly used. Would prefer somone willing to trade with usps express shipping. I can't have her without a calculator for very long.

Also willing to take pics for those interested if you are curious as to condition of the 89. Also, a TI-83+ would work, but bear in mind that this is the older TI-89, not a + model. It doesn't have the expanded RAM of the + units, nor the USB functionality. It requires the old TI GraphLink and software, or a homemade cable.

I believe a TI-84+ would probably work as well, as I think it has the same basic functionality and menu style. It just turns out that the 89 just isn't a good calculator for a statistics class.

Heat is under Bearxor, please email me at [email protected] for fastest response.

Non-free email addy is [email protected]

Bumps are GREATLY appreciated.

The 89 is a great calculator for statistics because there is a program called Statistics Editor. I made it through AP Stats and am in college stats with an 89, so I hope that helps.

I'm curious as to what it can't do for statisitcs? I'm in a stats class for engineers and it does everything I need it to.

I've got an 85 laying around.......

Wow, a month old thread almost. Where were you guys that night? All of the sudden I have like 3 offers where that night I could only get one.

Just for info, the stats program off of the TI website would work, if I could get it loaded on the 89. No cable to do that. Plus, it was just way too complicated for my wife to learn to use, since she had used nothing but 83's since high school, so this was just a far simpler solution.

Trade was done for a 83+ like 3 weeks ago though. Thanks.

Bearxor said:
Wow, a month old thread almost. Where were you guys that night? All of the sudden I have like 3 offers where that night I could only get one.

Just for info, the stats program off of the TI website would work, if I could get it loaded on the 89. No cable to do that. Plus, it was just way too complicated for my wife to learn to use, since she had used nothing but 83's since high school, so this was just a far simpler solution.

Trade was done for a 83+ like 3 weeks ago though. Thanks.

Lock the thread?

heh, been a while since I've really been here and didn''t know I could do that. I found it, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back