Opteron? More like OpterOWN.

robberbaron

Supreme [H]ardness
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=40685
939 Opteron, XP-90C, etc etc.
I need a new power supply. It almost finishes SuperPI at this speed, but the computer restarts due to the strain on my 420W PSU from the 7800GTX and high speed/power Opteron. I did manage to get 98,242 in AM3 and a healthy 1M score.

Going to try a PCI video card to see if my PSU is really overloaded. An update will arrive tomorrow night.

Its these processors that make me hack my heatspreader off, secretly hoping I trashed it so I had an excuse to snap up a 144 :)

Ok thats it Im gonne break the piggy bank. That will be a much better upgrade then another 6800gt. (Ill get one of those anyways prob ...)

Wow!!! Is this the new CeleronA for us? It's nice to see a $200 CPU spank the flagship $1100 CPU with a little help from an overclocker.

(cf)Eclipse said:
skindogg, read. xp-90c :p

baron, i hate you now. :cool:

wow, not enough coffee for me.

yeah, ok need retail outlet to have these in stock and in the US.

Hey Baron, any word on HE or EE Opterons on 939? An HE or EE 144 could possibly go even farther than that :eek:

Damn, my Venice claimed to be a playa.... :p

Very nice, baron...I can't wait to see where she finally tweaks out on air.

hey robber, what's your memory speed at when you push the processor this high? i noticed the low timings so i'm assuming you are using a pretty big divider?

if these opterons show up in retail channels soon i might just have to trade my 3000 venice. these look hot!

Ok site is a bit slow, probably lurkers ordering right now. I managed to order a 144, guess we'll see how long it takes. One issue I had, went to go to their live chat and it said leave a message. What the bloody hell, it's not live then now is it?!?

Ok my order status updated. Backordered. :mad:

Update 2: Called 'em and they guy said they expect to have an order in Oct. 12. I can wait til then I guess.

Im gona have to pick one of these up and put it under water....cant wait.

thanks rob, i was just about to point that out :D

DougLite said:
Hey Baron, any word on HE or EE Opterons on 939? An HE or EE 144 could possibly go even farther than that :eek:
they'll show up eventually. right now, amd doesn't have any listed

Nice OC!

Whats the difference in an socket 939 Opteron and say a venice core? Other than the 1mb L2 Cache?

And the wicked OC of course!

baron i hate you too lol. my opty 146 so far only does 280 1:1 stock volts. I haven't had a chance to do any more tweaking but from what i've done a few tweaks here and there it seems that the neo4 plat/nonsli board i'm using is holding me back. Most ppl are using DFI's and im stuck here with a MSI. Tonight i'm gonna go test out more settings using dividers (ugh)

lol OpterOWN I love it.

I need a new power supply. It almost finishes SuperPI at this speed, but the computer restarts due to the strain on my 420W PSU from the 7800GTX and high speed/power Opteron. I did manage to get 98,242 in AM3 and a healthy 1M score.

Doesn't sound game stable... ;) though that could undoubtedly change if he swaps psu's like he said. Btw Baron, what 420 watt power supply is that you're using?

Jesus thats a lot of questions.

System specs:
OpterOWN 144 939 via XP90C / Panaflo L1B
DFI SLI-DR
OCZ Value VX (it ran at around DDR400, im having memory issues above 205MHz)
7800GTX
OCZ Powerstream 420W

3GHz is pretty damn stable it seems. A little wam, but it seems good to go.
I got this chip through a friend at XS that can order directly from AMD.

And yet another one. Im a huge opteron fan, been running them since they came out. I just upgraded to a 152 (socket 940), on a sweet sli board i found. Im planning to OC the hell out of it :)

Here's the question i have for you, where the hell did you get a 939 144, i thought only the dualcore optys were going 939. And second, what board are you running that on, as i think i might be able to obtain some awesome results on my 940 board (based on nforce pro chipset).

A friend of the EclipseOC family ordered a pair of 144's for Eclipse and I.

The board is the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR.

robberbaron said:
A friend of the EclipseOC family ordered a pair of 144's for Eclipse and I.

The board is the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR.
Hmm... can I get this guy's phone number? :D

Damnit, i just built a brand new 940 based system, now im gonna have to go 939 just so i can get one of these procs

Damn you Baron!

So shoudl I go Opteron or X2 on my H20 colled DFI NF4 SLI-DR?
My Venice 3000 isn;t hacking the multitasking at all like my P4 used to do. Time for a change.

ps: I hate you. My HTT maxes at 309 on my DFI :mad:

robberbaron said:
Jesus thats a lot of questions.

System specs:
OpterOWN 144 939 via XP90C / Panaflo L1B
DFI SLI-DR
OCZ Value VX (it ran at around DDR400, im having memory issues above 205MHz)
7800GTX
OCZ Powerstream 420W

3GHz is pretty damn stable it seems. A little wam, but it seems good to go.
I got this chip through a friend at XS that can order directly from AMD.

Damn, that's the same PS (OCZ PS420) that I have and it's not enough?

Crap, I just bought that thing about 3 months ago thinking it would last for at least 2 years. Next time I'm just buying a 600W. I keep thinking, "Well, this PS should last me," and 4 months later I need something more powerful.

Get an X2. I have a 4200+ and this Opteron. The Opteron is a novelty compared to the dual core. Though the main thing is, the Opteron cost me $160, haha. It's like a value FX chip.

robberbaron said:
Get an X2. I have a 4200+ and this Opteron. The Opteron is a novelty compared to the dual core. Though the main thing is, the Opteron cost me $160, haha. It's like a value FX chip.
Sooo.....$160......minus some for being used.....plus some for being a good overclocker......oh hell--I'll go crazy and offer you $155 for it :D

I suggest you take me up on a good offer while it stands.

Back