What is the biggest CRT monitor ever made?.

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
So what is it?,also are large monitors good for gaming like 22'' inches i want to get one from my local pc market this sunday (first sunday of every month) just for something different and fun.

IIRC, its THE Sony GDM-FW900, 24" widescreen FD Trinitron. unfortunately, Sony find they can earn more money by selling LCD than high quality AG tube/monitor.

rev-fw900-screen.jpg

I can only think of the 24 inch Sony FDWM or whatever. It went for like $1700 new, but you'd be hard pressed to find one. All the nice large CRTs of yesterday are slowly disappearing.

Anyway, large screen CRTs are fine for gaming since you could just run them at any resolution if your card isn't up to running the game reasonably at like 1600x1200 or 2048x1536.

the gamer said:
My X850XT PE can go upto 2048x1536 imagne that for gaming online :D .

Imagine? that's what I'm currently running (for games) with my 7800GTX and Mitsubishi 2020u (@75).
:D

How much do these weigh? Even my 19" CRT weighed a lot more than I remember when I moved it off my desk some days back.

92 LBS. for the FW900 ,I've never had to move my monitors once they're on my desk unless I was either moving or replacing it, so weight was never a factor when choosing a monitor.

Yeah, obviously, I only moved my monitor 4 times in the 5 yrs I owned it. But it still was shocking to realize how heavy it was.

well out ~10 year old TV is 32inch and it's CRT. but i think you meant CRT computer monitors :p

The largest glass CRT I know of is the Sony XBR 40 inch HDTV:

cessony40inchwegabig.jpg

I'd imagine thats one heavy bastard lol.

My brother has an old 37" Mitsubishi CRT monitor. It was for industrial use and weighs like 300 lbs. I htink you can still find them now and again on Ebay.

SS

My sister has the 40 xbr. I bought it for her as a wedding present. And yes its freaking heavy i think its close to 300 pounds. But its a sweet ass tv though.

Jay

mathesar said:
92 LBS. for the FW900 ,I've never had to move my monitors once they're on my desk unless I was either moving or replacing it, so weight was never a factor when choosing a monitor.
I'd imagine you'd have to use a very strong (and large) desk if you wanted to use two or more of those CRTs in a mult-display configuration :eek:

(one more reason I can't wait for SED computer displays :p )

92lbs is pretty hefty, my 22" Mitsubishi 2070SB weighs 65lbs net. If you think you need a beefy desk for a large monitor.. i'm sure you'd love to see this thing on a metal/glass desk on the monitor shelf thats only supported off the back. =)

and this is why SED needs to come down to the computer monitor sector.

someone damn email canon and toshiba haha

Back