Will Water Cooling a GTX void the eVGA warranty...?

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
With eVGA's new year warranty spiel, I was wondering If I go the route or wc'ing will void the warranty. I know most of you are going to say your talking about Wc'ing and your worrying about warranty. It's just if the warranty gonna be shot I'll get a cheaper card.

No, it will not be voided. EVGA does allow aftermarket coolers, but your warranty is voided if they find any physical damage to the video card, including the core. So don't overtighten the waterblock. :)

Wow, EVGA must be a good company! I had no idea anyone allowed aftermarket coolers.

Actually, I believe physical damage includes swapping out coolers. I think they mean as long as you don't tinker with the card where they can see it, it's acceptable since they can't tell anyway, so they might as well cover it. I called eVGA about their new warrenty for curiousity's sake, and they said aftermarket coolers = void warrenty. But then again, the kid on the phone diddn't sound too brite as he told me overclocking voided warrenties, then I quoted andandtech.com's article about the physical damage part, and he put me on hold for 10 minutes while he got his shit straight. :p

Hello Everyone,

EVGA’s Lifetime Warranty covers the graphics card so long as you don’t physically damage the GPU, PCB or Components.

The addition of 3rd party coolers or water blocks will not void the warranty.

Please remember that if you should need to RMA your product you will be required to put the original cooling solution on the product.

Joe Darwin
[email protected]
EVGA

NOW that's an answer.

When I build my rig in a few monthes, I'll be sure to drop an eVGA card in.

Awesome. EVGA for teh win.

Hm...who in the technically supressed land of Germany sells these babies...

That's good to hear. I'm definately going eVGA again. Although, my keychain is pretty boss. :D

What if one was to... say.... make a Keychain out of it, would that void the warranty?

Back on topic, you sir just sold me on eVga. Next card I buy is going to be eVga. So how long until my X850XTPE becomes useless?

EDIT: Damnit tsuehpsyde stay in your own thread. :p

jdarwin said:
Hello Everyone,

EVGA’s Lifetime Warranty covers the graphics card so long as you don’t physically damage the GPU, PCB or Components.

The addition of 3rd party coolers or water blocks will not void the warranty.

Please remember that if you should need to RMA your product you will be required to put the original cooling solution on the product.

Joe Darwin
[email protected]
EVGA
EVGA rocks
I would have bought an EVGA card, but Dell had the $345 deal on the BFG and I couldn't pass that up.

After hearing Joe's answer, I went ahead and put the VF700-Cu on my GTX... This thing dropped my idles temps 13C!!! w00t!!

after reading the responses in this thread ... I think I'm gonna grab a eVGA card for the new system I'm building (more than likely the 7800GTX KO) :D

ninethreeeleven said:
What if one was to... say.... make a Keychain out of it, would that void the warranty?

Back on topic, you sir just sold me on eVga. Next card I buy is going to be eVga. So how long until my X850XTPE becomes useless?

EDIT: Damnit tsuehpsyde stay in your own thread. :p

Thanks for giving my page some airtime in here, but I don't think I can get an eVGA rep to touch that thread with a 30-foot poll. But that was an eVGA card. :p I called to make sure I diddn't qualify before cutting into it....this super-duper warrenty only covers cards purchased after June 22nd, and I purchased that card like August of last year.

But yeah, eVGA is definately favoring the people with this warrenty. I think they're taking the guess work out of people who send in stuff that shouldn't be under warrenty, but they can't tell if they did or not. Either way, yeah, eVGA again for sure.

I've gotta give a huge thumbs up to eVGA for allowing aftermarket coolers and honoring warrenties afterwards! I know who I am getting my next high end card from for sure.

Back