Riddick HELP!

Firebomb

[H]ard|Gawd
i am trying to play riddick for PC and i keep gettin a "need support for Opengl driver 1.3 or better" and I dont know why, i have a 6800gt 77.77 drivers, any idea?

I read something in the readme file in the 77.77 in the open issues section, try reading it, it seems like there was something you could do to fix it

I had this same problem. The problem is that nVidia rolled out OpenGL 2.0, but Riddick doesn't recognize it. What I did was download RivaTuner. There is an option in there where you can override the OpenGL version. You can set it to 1.3 when you want to play Riddick then set it back to 2.0 when you're finished.

From the RivaTuner 2.0 RC 15.4 readme:

http://www.tweakers.net/meuktracker/8686

"Added "OpenGL version string override" option to the "Compatibility" tab of "OpenGL tweaks" dialog for the Detonator 27.xx and newer drivers. This option is useful for troubleshooting and can be used to solve problems with some incorrectly written OpenGL application, expecting harcoded OpenGL version string. For example, this option can be used to launch "The Chronicles of Riddick - Escape from Butcher Bay", which expects OpenGL 1.3 and doesn't work properly on OpenGL 2.0 drivers like ForceWare 75.90. "

Back