F@H desktop wallpapers

Has anyone from the [H] made any F@H desktop wallpaper? I would love to have something to display on my monitors. I searched around but didnt find any.Thanks-Aratech

Full fold ahead!!!

Any ideas on what you guys would like? I have photoshop and am spending the next 3 days at a Insurance seminar (I am only there to hook up laptops for presentations--about once per 2 hours) so I have a lot of free time :)

Tormond said:
Any ideas on what you guys would like? I have photoshop and am spending the next 3 days at a Insurance seminar (I am only there to hook up laptops for presentations--about once per 2 hours) so I have a lot of free time :)

Surprise us. Just don't have anything "adult" related :D

magnusvir said:
Surprise us. Just don't have anything "adult" related :D

Or just have it coded and give members the "hotcoffee" mod to be able to see it only after giving you boxen! :p

Tormond said:

How about something dark and fiery like the website banner at [H]ardfolding.com?
I know I've seen a nice [H] logo with lightning around it on someone's website but I can't remember who...

How do you set wallpaper in Linux? Sorry Mage, The penguin on my fold server unfortunately has to go.

ICE_9 said:
Or just have it coded and give members the "hotcoffee" mod to be able to see it only after giving you boxen! :p

Here is a taste

supersekretcopy.jpg

Now give me boxen and I reveal one piece at the time per Ghz!

On a more serious not do you guys have a default resolution you want me to go with? I am sure that the 1920x1200 that I have all mine in will be a bit much for some of you :)

1152x864 is mine. probably 1024x768 is the most used that I work on.

1024x768 is probably the best compromise. I personally run 1600x1200 on my main machine but have 1024x768 on my other two machines while 1280x1024 is what I have my work system set to.

Tormond said:
On a more serious not do you guys have a default resolution you want me to go with? I am sure that the 1920x1200 that I have all mine in will be a bit much for some of you :)

I'm not too sure how that works. The settings on my ATI 3D Rage Pro (don't laugh!) say 800x600 pixels. What does that mean?

I'd go with 1024*768. Most people have that, and it'll scale up to 1280*1024 nicely. Scaling upwards generally goes better than scaling downwards, so it's probably better to make it smaller than larger.

Ok just waiting on a response from King on whether or not I can use the logo from Hardfolding in the graphic or not

May need make it several res, since there seems to be a wide range in use. On my systems it varies depending on what monitor is in use.

2560x1024 ;)

tho it'll be hard to beat my current desktop (imo)

then there's this for those of you with less gap between the monitors than i have.(looks really bad spanned across 2 17"s - maybe when i get a pair of LCDs ;))

throw the F@H gear on either of those and you have an awesome desktop :p

rogue_jedi said:
2560x1024 ;)

tho it'll be hard to beat my current desktop (imo)

then there's this for those of you with less gap between the monitors than i have.(looks really bad spanned across 2 17"s - maybe when i get a pair of LCDs ;))

throw the F@H gear on either of those and you have an awesome desktop :p

That's awesome! Did you make those??

Here's my first stab at it. Nothing insanely fancy, Right now I have it in WS 1920X1200, let me know your resolution and I'll spit out a native version for you. It's easier to do that than try and make a version for all the different resolutions. Let me know what you think..

f_wall_thumb.jpg

1920 X 1200 WS Version 109k JPEG

I wanted to put a big folding gear in the BG, but I couldn't find a high res version of it.

More versions to come as they are requested.

chileman said:
Here's my first stab at it. Nothing insanely fancy, Right now I have it in WS 1920X1200, let me know your resolution and I'll spit out a native version for you. It's easier to do that than try and make a version for all the different resolutions. Let me know what you think..

f_wall_thumb.jpg

1920 X 1200 WS Version 109k JPEG

I wanted to put a big folding gear in the BG, but I couldn't find a high res version of it.

More versions to come as they are requested.

I like it. I think it needs some red in it though.
Also, how about one that say's

The [H]orde
[H]ard Folding Team 33

Have they said anything about letting you use the banner graphics yet??

I like chileman's, but I agree that it needs at least some red in it. I'm loving the widescreen, though, it scaled down to 1280x768 for my laptop beautifully.

I'm also liking Ender's quite a bit. :)

Aratech said:
That's awesome! Did you make those??
the only work i put into those was finding them on deviantart. i love their wallpaper section... especially because there's a "dual monitor" portion. makes finding stuff for my screens a lot easier.

e-mail 'em to me at d a n i e l t m @gmail.com (no spaces there) and i'll host 'em.

or you can use imageshack.us if they fit.

I got permission to use the logo from Hardfolding so I will get to work on one tomorrow. On the upside I borged 8 machines today for another 22Ghz of folding powah!

Back