Best type of "Wrap-around" headphones?

Lakitu

Limp Gawd
K, well I need a new pair of wrap-around style headphones, mine are kinda crapped out(see picture below). They must be durable, as they go in my backpack, and I was hoping for some good-quality ones. What are some of the best ones you guys know of? Here's the cheap ones I picked up at Fleet Farm for like $15:

headphones7kr.jpg

Any suggestions = :D

Budget?

I cant really reccomend anything without a budget, but you arent really gonna get any *good* sounding cans that are wraparound for any price, to the best of my knowledge. Of the good headphone manufacturers, I didnt see any. Maybe there are some Sony ones around, but I dont know. What about some canalphones?

Sennheiser makes PMX 60's... I don't know how good they are though, never heard them. I just know that they exist.

Koss ksc 55 should be decent, but I have heard that people have comfort issues. If clip ons work, the ksc 75 would be good.

Budget isn't an issue, just quality. I wouldn't expect this type of headphone to be expensive though. I'll check out those suggestions you guys had.

I went with the Sennheiser PMX60's. They have pretty good review for what i have read, and I have a pair of HD280 Pro's that I think are pretty good as well. I got them for $25.85 shipped. Thanks for the help!

ScHpAnKy said:
What is wrong with the grados?

Nothing, the problem's with MisterX's ears.... :p ;)

Lakitu, the ksc-55 is about as good as wrap-arounds get.

What is wrong with the grados?
Bright, that damn cord, unrealistic imaging, ugly, uncomfortable and overpriced.
Did I leave anything out?

BP said:
Nothing, the problem's with MisterX's ears.... :p ;)

I think it has more to do with what is between the ears then the ears themselves. ;)

BP said:
Lakitu, the ksc-55 is about as good as wrap-arounds get.
They are great bang per buck cans but......

Mister X said:
I think it has more to do with what is between the ears then the ears themselves. ;)

Radio hobbyists call it a "short between the headphones". It it the source of a great many difficulties.

Mister X said:
Bright, that damn cord, unrealistic imaging, ugly, uncomfortable and overpriced.

The cord looks sweet, as do the actual headphones, and when I tried them on they were really comfortable. Is there any other headphones you would choose in their place due to their other inadequacies... I did notice that they were a little bright, but the sound was pretty dead-on otherwise. Do they make any good headphones in their line-up?

Back