Microsoft Windows XP SP2 CD shipped free

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

Note: These are service pack CDs and not full versions

You can pick these up at Office Depot for free as well. Comes in a little folder type thing that sorta made me laugh for how stupid it assumes most PC users are.

i have 5-6 of these from a while back, took a few weeks to get em but who can complain about free:)

IMHO MS can piss off I asked for one and they even sent me a confirmation and I am still waiting. This is over five months now....

KM

I'll try and order 200 of tehm like that one guy a while back :D

damn it limits it to 5, hehe

alrighty, what the hell am I going to do with 5 SP2 CD's?

Got mine today, maybe this one will ignore the....uh...internet copy of XP that I have :p

damn that was fast.. ordered it like thursday or friday and it was in my mailbox this morning at work

Awesome, I haven't recieved it yet. I ordered the same day as TTP too. *sniff* :(

I somehow got two sent to me... and I'm in Australia. They were mailed from Hong Kong, too. Which is funny... it's an American company that made a product made in Singapore and mailed it to me in Australia from Hong Kong.

So, this deal works internationally too.. and I have a spare copy I can give away to a friend or unsavvy relative... ugh, recently I had to spend 4 hours cleaning out a computer. She thought it was safe because she had a virus scanner on it... that hadn't had a reference file update since 1999, which possibly means it never had one. >.<

I knew towns in iowa were small but didnt know they were so small MS wouldnt take 'em... "please enter valid city" :confused:

GrainMonkey said:
I knew towns in iowa were small but didnt know they were so small MS wouldnt take 'em... "please enter valid city" :confused:

They wouldn't take Burien, WA either (nor Seattle). Too bad their store has sent me copies of XP and Office for the past 2 years. I just want to install SP2 nice and securely without having to be online after a fresh install :(

***edit: ok, I went back, entered my info, WITHOUT the zipcode, got an invalid, then entered the zipcode, and it went through. Entering the zip code the first time would not work. :confused: ***

Ordered today. thanks TTP.

THis sure beats the $10 I had to spend on SP1 cd.

Quick Off topic Question:

If you install this on your computer after a fresh install, do you have to install SP1? :confused:

BTW i got in on this deal, thanx op!

no, as far as I know no need for SP1 when you install this... its got all the fixes, etc that are built into SP1...

Hondaman4ever said:
If you install this on your computer after a fresh install, do you have to install SP1? :confused:

No. SP2 covers everything prior as well. There are a few other newer updates you'll need from Windows Update, though.

Back