"D" to 1000 Boxen and Borging Mayhem! (F@H)

What did you add to the [H]orde?

• Intel CPU

Votes: 216 58.9%
  • AMD CPU

Votes: 229 62.4%
  • Mac/Apple CPU

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Other CPU

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters

KodiakStar

/'s by 0
Ok Guys. Lets see how many we can get, in the shortest amount of time!

New boxen and borgs only..
For old times sake add what MHz or GHz they are running, dont forget to
add to the poll!

Fold [H]ard or go [H]ome!

I borged you KodiaStar. I put it under "other".

damnit... dunno what I saw thinking. I thought you meant just what do you fold with. I guess this means I have to borg an AMD and an Intel...

But seriously I have some borgs in the works.

(my new farm that will be up shortly but I will add them now...)

499 - 8 = 491

Umm I have this question since I have quite a few dually machines, does this constitute as a garden or a farm?

I have four duallies and 1 quad server that due to come up online this year. Also in the process of modding a second quad server.

So the question is: do I have just a small garden or a farm?

Umm. if you send them to me... I can make them go from a garden to a farm ;)

add my workstation at work, a p4 2.0 with some rambus thingies where the real ram chips should be. (is this a borg, I don't "own" this boxen) I'll just "forget" to turn it off when I go home :) Also made a little trip last weekend, I've got a couple of dualie PII compaq servers stirring the air and adding tornado noises to the puter room, as soon as I get them both working and online I'll add 4 more intel's ( I save the PCI-E/A64 for the gaming rig and seti right now, but I'll probably switch my DC to F@H since seti has plenty of boxen and the team I'm in is defunct the company closed the doors. :) )

Hey Kodiakstar, I really don't see myself sending my computers to your house. Much less having to figure out that shipping my whole garden could as well be over $700.00 to ship it to your house.

For a person who lives in Washington, DC, I wonder why you haven't tried to borg the capital building or the white house. Afraid that even the president might turn you down.

They dont allow "outside" programs onto any gov't computers.. at all.

I dont even think you could stealth borg those...

and people.. from now on.. do your own subtracting. its not THAT hard...

491 - (Ronbo's p4 2.0) = 490

I borged 3 of my old roommates' computers.

1 AMD 1.6
1 Intel Cel 1.3
1 Cel 733

487!!!!!!

my small garden is running now, that's 4 more PII's for the cause, but only two boxen :) that's another 1.266 ghz :) call it 485, and more when I get some of these diskless thingies working.

today...
celey 900
celey 900
p3 450
XP 2000 (was folding v3.25 .. now 5.02 for what that is worth)

I was able to make a 2.8 P4 HT Dell Server disappear (i.e. to my office) today. Interesting since the Dell Poweredge doesnt come with XP drivers so i had to put a POS video card and NIC in.

If my math is correct, we are at 480.

Finally started folding last night, A64 3000+ @ 2ghz until my first WU is done (156/500 so far), next week I'll add an XP 1600+ @ 1.743 or something like that to the mix.
479!

Heh, just borged my Friends laptop. a 1.4 Pentium M. That's 478! I'm also trying to borg his P4 server. He has a A64 gaming rig with gig o' ram and all, but he doesn't leave it on :(.

Added 27 PC's, mix of 2.26Ghz P4's and whatever speed an old Athlon 3200+ XP runs at.

448 from above - 5 = 443 !

2x Athlon MP 2400+
1x Thunderbird 1.2ghz
1x Celeron D 2.9ghz
1x Athlon 64 3200+ (coming online in a couple weeks, but adding it now)

Finally decided to drop BOINC and join the official [H]orde team :cool:

Should all be online, 'cept the last, tonight.

added my gamer (so long SETI!) 3000+ A64 [email protected] ghz, and my laptop (the one with the working screen and hard drive, LOL ) PIII@450 so that's 2.85 ghz and 443-2=441

neisius said:
Just added my xbox to team33 at .733ghz!

441 - 1 = 440 to go! ;)

add 27 back to the list, my plug got pulled *cries*

Instead, add:

1x A64 4000+
1x P4 1.8Ghz
1x AMD Duron 800

Total of 3

That puts us at 464 :(

I'm trying to borg my sisters 2.8 Celeron that she doesnt use anymore and my parents computer, but my sister wont let me, and my dad still doesnt see it as useful. Ive tried getting him to budge, as all my parents use their computer for is email/MSOffice, but he still wont let me, and he controls my allowance :mad: Any successful strategies for getting us to 462?
By the end of tonight I'll be 4,571st, so look out HOWIEY and Kad3sh!

ikellensbro said:
I'm trying to borg my sisters 2.8 Celeron that she doesnt use anymore and my parents computer, but my sister wont let me, and my dad still doesnt see it as useful. Ive tried getting him to budge, as all my parents use their computer for is email/MSOffice, but he still wont let me, and he controls my allowance :mad: Any successful strategies for getting us to 462?
By the end of tonight I'll be 4,571st, so look out HOWIEY and Kad3sh!

the main thing to tell them is that they will not notice any difference with it running on there computers. And that the research might save their lives one day. So there really isn't any reason not to.

Keep up that point production. ~20days till team33 hits #1

464 - the athlon in my room = 463. it had been folding, until stanford broke F@H through squid. now i have it set to bypass the proxy, and i'm hooking the internet up directly every night so it can get/send WUs. so +1 box for the [H]orde.

i'll add the other athlon in my room if it doesn't get too hot.

added the athlon 900 in my room. i'm now crunching 482 points total (two 241 point tinkers)

i think i'm currently averaging about 200-300ppd with these two machines... i wish i had more.

459 left!

Just installed this on the 2.8GHz Intel I'm letting the kids in my service frat borrow for their office, my personal office machine (3.0GHz) is running 24/7 and I'll be bringing up an Athlon Mobile 2400+ (hopefully overclocked to 12x166 or something) system this weekend and that'll run all the time too.

10 total :)

1. 2.8 P4 my work machine@100%
2. 2.8 P4 unoccupied workstation here@100%
3. 1.6 p4 unoccupied workstation here@100%
4. 1.6 P4 unoccupied workstation here@100%
5. 2.6 P4 workstation lady is on VACA for a week or so @100%
6. 3400+ my machine at home folding @30% (heat issues)
7. 2.8 P4 my laptop at home folding@60% sitting on its side lol
8. 450 P3 dumpster dive machine folding@100%
9. 900 Celeron spare box sitting here under my desk folding@100%
10. 2.6 P4 workstation, lady is in meetings till 5pm and said ok :)@100%

Back