Good LCD Vesa deskmount arm ..

muzzle79

Gawd
Anyone have experience with any particular brand of LCD Vesa mount arm?

I'm looking at 4 total. Two per setup in my studio. Setup 1 uses two 17" samsung lcds, no biggie as most i've read support them. Setup 2 uses 2 Dell 2005fpw monitors.

Links would be appreciated as with any experiences you have had with one.
Also, do you think the standard vs. pneumatic arm makes a difference?

most arms Ive seen support max 8kg (something like 17lb?) which should be enough for the 2005FPW, weights in at just about that with the stand which weighs pretty much..

Anyways.. Im also interested in this.. but 1 arm for 2 monitors.. so let the links fly :p

desk mounts arms are really expensive. i've wanted one or two for my lcd's but i yet to purchase one because of the cost (around $300).

i hope they come down in price

I've been considering getting an arm for my monitor, but I've been a bit worried about what it might do to my desk. Anyone know if quarter-inch thick toughened glass might be damaged by having an arm clamped to it? I'm thinking it ought to be OK, but I've really got no way of testing that hypothesis ...

(p.s. Hello, I'm new. Don't hurt me :) )

kaemaril said:
I've been considering getting an arm for my monitor, but I've been a bit worried about what it might do to my desk. Anyone know if quarter-inch thick toughened glass might be damaged by having an arm clamped to it? I'm thinking it ought to be OK, but I've really got no way of testing that hypothesis ...

(p.s. Hello, I'm new. Don't hurt me :) )

I wouldn't recommend doing it without reinforcements. A quarter inch is too thin for my liking. Put a wood or styrofoam block underneath the desk, so the clamp has enough reinforcement. I have a glass desk and a cut out a piece of foam and wrapped it with some rubber padding so it doesn't slide.

Here are some pics:

arm1.jpg

arm2.jpg

SLiCkFX said:
I wouldn't recommend doing it without reinforcements. A quarter inch is too thin for my liking. Put a wood or styrofoam block underneath the desk, so the clamp has enough reinforcement. I have a glass desk and a cut out a piece of foam and wrapped it with some rubber padding so it doesn't slide.
It generally seems sturdy enough (it's a black glass top 180cmx80cm, sitting on top of a couple of wire-mesh trestles), but I was a tad worried that that much pressure being put on a relatively small part of the top for extended periods might lead to cracks. Good advice re: the reinforcement, thanks!

SLiCkFX said:

Here are some pics:

arm1.jpg

arm2.jpg

Do you have anymore pics of that arm setup, I might have to do the same with mine.

SLiCkFX said:
Here's some more:

Pic 3 - material used
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

Can you please indulge us with some direct-frontal shots, i.e money shots? They look nice, but I have to admit I was surprised to see how bulky the base is. A lot of girth, hehe.

I have to order from Tigerdirect's sister site in Canada, and I'm paying close to $150USD to have it shipped to my door, so I'd like to make sure I am absolutely satisfied with it beforehand. Sigh.

Thanks

Back